The Asia Pacific Schools, in partnership with The International Schools Partnership (ISP), equips students for local and global success by delivering Amazing Learning and offers both the international and Malaysian National curricula in the Klang Valley, Malaysia.
The Asia Pacific Schools promotes equality and is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to diversity and inclusion, as well as providing employees with a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment.
• A culture of engagement and trust, where staff contributions are recognized and valued.
• A passionate and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heard of decision-making.
• An embedded whole campus commitment to professional development and a commitment to serving others.
• A peer network of like-minded teaching colleagues and support from operations’ staff.
• Access to expertise, best practice sharing and learning opportunities across countries and cultures.
• A commitment to employee well-being.
We also offer:
• Competitive salary
• Pension fund contribution to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
• Fee discount for children of employees
• Outpatient and inpatient medical benefits
• Paid leaves: medical, hospitalization, annual leaves, maternity, compassionate, exam/study, etc.
==================================================================================ISP Malaysia – Asia Pacific Schools
We are seeking to hire a Finance Executive, Accounts Payable
to commence employment as soon as possible. Purpose of Role
To carry out various duties relating to the Finance Office. The post-holder manages and monitors all purchase requisition, purchase orders, invoices, staff advance, account reconciliation and assists in month end closing. ISP PrinciplesBegin with our children and students
. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.Treat everyone with care and respect
. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.Operate effectively
. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.Learn continuously
. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.Key Responsibilities
• Budgetary cost control (ie. opex & capex) by ensuring all purchase order raised are within the school allocated budget.
• All expenditure is duly authorized & supported before capturing into NetSuite & payment made.
• Timeliness, completeness & accuracy in processing and updating payable transactions into NetSuite.
• Monitor the bank balance to ensure sufficient fund available for payment.
• On time payment and submission of indirect and company tax payment.
• Maintain proper & timely schedule/listing/recon. to support the management accounts & regional reports on operating expenses & capex.
• Maintain accurate & timely fixed assets listing and depreciation in NetSuite.
• Assist in the budget preparation on operating expenses.
• To carry out any other duties as assigned by the supervisors from time to time.
Other duties and responsibilities
• Work collaboratively with others to develop effective professional relationships.
• Communicate effectively with parents, students and staff
• Undertake any other reasonable duties requested/assigned as required by SLT or Line Manager, especially regarding the school’s administrative function.
• Always follow the school’s policies and procedures. Communication, marketing, and PR
• To ensure professional and effective communication and consultation, as appropriate, between colleagues, parents and students at Asia Pacific Schools.
• Publicise and celebrate achievements.
• Assist with the organisation of open evenings, consultation events and other events relating to the school.
• To contribute to marketing activities for Asia Pacific Schools.
(Please note that this Job Description sets out the main duties associated with the stated purpose of the post. It is assumed that other duties of a similar level/nature undertaken within the section are not excluded because they are not itemised. The duties of this post could vary from time to time as a result of new legislation; changes in technology or policy and in that case appropriate training may be given to enable the post holder to undertake this new/varied work.)OTHER EXPECTATIONS
• Fully and positively participate in the school’s performance appraisal scheme in order to develop and enhance personal and service performance.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties requested/assigned as required by SLT or Line Manager, especially with regard to the school’s administrative functions.
• Ensure that school policies including those relating to Safeguarding, Race Equality, Equal Opportunities, Code of Conduct and Health & Safety are adhered to.Skills, Qualifications and Experience
1. Degree in finance or its related field and/or professional qualification
2. Good communication and interpersonal skills
3. Able to work independently with minimum supervision
4. Ability to communicate in English and Bahasa MalaysiaPerson specification
• Ability to manage own workload effectively.
• Must have tact and diplomacy in all interpersonal relationships with the public, students and colleagues at work.
• Must be self-motivated and have personal drive to complete tasks to the required timescales and meet high quality
• Be able to work constructively as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities and own role within these settings.
• Must be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people they are responsible for or come into contact with.
• Flexible to adapt to changing workloads demands and new school challenges.
• Personal commitment to ensure that services are equally accessible and appropriate to meet the diverse needs of the service users.
• Personal commitment to continuous self-development.
• Personal commitment to continuous school improvement. ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
1. Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
2. Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
3. Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
4. Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
5. Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
6. Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
7. Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
8. Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
9. Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organization.
10. Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
11. Agile. Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
12. Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
13. Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
14. Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of two referees (one of which must be from your current employer) to email [email protected]
Early application is encouraged as we reserve the right to appoint as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified.