Visual Design Specialist
ISP Middle East
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Date Added: Jun 6, 2023
ISP Middle East – Visual Design Specialist Role Profile
Purpose of Role
To create high-quality, visually appealing, effective, and brand-aligned designs that communicate messages, enhance user experiences, and promote brand identity. This will involve working closely with the Regional Marketing team, school Marketing and Admissions team, as well as other school stakeholders, to understand project requirements and translate them into compelling visual concepts.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
- Design and develop compelling digital and print graphics, including web banners, social media ads, email campaigns, brochures, infographics, videos, out-of-home signage and other marketing collateral in English and Arabic.
- Take compelling photos to include in the content.
- Create videos (from storyboard, to shooting the videos, to editing and post-production)
- Collaborate with regional office and school teams to develop creative content ideas that meet business objectives and brand standards.
- Provide training to marketing executives in the schools on how to design simple content themselves (e.g. via Canva) and how to take compelling photos themselves, and oversee their work to ensure quality and consistency.
- Stay up to date with the latest design trends, technologies, and best practices in the industry across social media, websites, mobile, video, and offline (outdoor ads, brochures, etc)
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver designs within deadlines.
- Work closely with regional marketing managers, and other stakeholders to ensure that designs align with marketing objectives and messaging.
- Manage printing process by sharing ready to print collaterals, getting quotes and dummy proofs and ensure quality final prints are ready and delivered to schools.
- Prepare and finalize exhibition materials and large-scale environmental branding around schools, events, and regional office.
- Manage and assist schools’ and events photoshoots and video shoots around the region.
- Maintain and organize design assets, templates, and guidelines.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in graphic design, with a focus on digital design.
- Good photography and videography skills
- Native Arabic & French speaker
- Strong portfolio showcasing exceptional design, photography and videography skills and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro and After Effects), HubSpot, and other online design tools.
- Excellent project-management skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and delivering high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain high-quality standards.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All postholders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.