Asia Pacific Schools is one of the most renowned campuses in the Klang Valley, serving about 1,700 children across the International Curriculum and Malaysian National Curriculum. Our approach to children’s education and growth encompasses academic rigour, pastoral care, and genuine relationships, with appropriate tools and technology seamlessly binding it all together. In doing so, we are developing well-rounded, confident individuals who are ready for the challenges of the world.
Asia Pacific Schools are extremely pleased to be part of the International Schools Partnership (ISP), a dynamic network of 60+ schools in 16 different countries committed to an organisational learning culture of “getting better”.
Asia Pacific Schools promote equality and we are an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to diversity and inclusion, as well as providing employees with a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. Key benefits:
• A culture of engagement and trust, where staff contributions are recognised and valued.
• A passionate and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of decision-making.
• An embedded whole campus commitment to professional development and a commitment to serving others.
• A peer network of like-minded teaching colleagues and support from operations’ staff.
• Access to expertise, best practice sharing and learning opportunities across countries and cultures.
• A commitment to employee well-being. We also offer:
• Competitive salary
• Pension fund contribution to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF) and all other statutory contributions
• Fee discount for children of employees
• Outpatient and inpatient medical benefits
• Paid leaves: medical, hospitalisation, annual leaves, paternity, maternity, compassionate, exam/study, etc.
• Training opportunities
=================================================================================ISP Malaysia – Asia Pacific Schools
We are seeking to hire a Facilities Manager
to commence employment as soon as possible. Purpose of Role
We are looking for an inspirational, dynamic, and innovative Facilities Manager to join a forward-thinking and passionate team that supports the maintenance of our wonderful teaching and learning environment.
The candidate is responsible to manage (doing it right) and lead (doing the right thing) the facilities management of the campus by administering physical assets, outsourced services, procurement, and value-added business processes in a timely and responsible manner.
The candidate will be expected to continuously exceed internal and external customer expectations while embracing the ISP and Asia Pacific Schools core values. ISP Principles
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply campus policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.Key Responsibilities
• Lead custodial personnel (direct & outsourced), whose major responsibility is to provide students and staff with safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, and efficient buildings and outdoor areas in which to learn, play, and develop.
• Responsible for the overall operations of the Building/Facilities (cleaning, landscaping, mechanical & electrical services, scheduled maintenance, structural and non-structural renovation works), Safety & Security, Canteen Operations, Bookstore & Uniform vendors.
• Under the line management of the Executive Principal and (with the additional guidance of the Regional Procurement and Operations Manager and the Regional Property and Facilities Manager), plan, organise, direct, schedule and participate in the maintenance and operations of campus facilities including custodial, grounds keeping and general maintenance operations of campus owned facilities; direct and provide technical guidance to assigned staff; support the campus health & safety officer; serve as campus security & traffic person in charge; serve as campus lost & found person in charge; serve as campus logistic arrangement person in charge; serve as campus cleanness person in charge; serve as procurement manager (including oversight of vendor contract management and insurance policies).
• Plan buildings, grounds, equipment, furniture, and facilities maintenance programmes including deferred maintenance and systemic preventive maintenance.
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
• Support the campus Health & Safety Coordinator (including ensuring that all mechanisms are in working order for evacuations and safety drills)
• Review plans and specifications and recommend changes as necessary; recommend need for and methods of altering existing facilities.
• Track status or work / project completion and maintenance and operations activities.
• Ensure quality and responsiveness of maintenance and operations activities.
• Identify, budget, order repair parts and maintenance and custodial equipment and supplies as needed; maintain and inventory appropriate levels of routine parts and supplies.
• Oversee maintenance and operations staff; participate in the selection of personnel; plan and implement monthly shift allocations, ensure effective deployment of facilities personnel; evaluate maintenance supervisor, maintenances, in house cleaner; review evaluations of maintenance works done by landscape, security guards, and cleaners.
• Supervise repair and maintenance work on campus facilities and equipment.
• Ensure all internal and external stakeholders and informed as appropriate of all aspects of facilities operations (including CapEx forthcoming and current project work).
• Ensure effective mitigation of potential negative impact of ongoing works of CapEx projects.Communication, Marketing, and PR
• To ensure professional and effective communication and consultation, as appropriate, between colleagues, parents and students at Asia Pacific Schools.
• Publicise and celebrate achievements.
• Assist with the organisation of open evenings, consultation events and other events relating to the campus.
• To contribute to marketing activities for Asia Pacific Schools.OTHER EXPECTATIONS
• Fully and positively participate in the campus’s performance appraisal scheme in order to develop and enhance personal and service performance.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties requested/assigned as required by the Line Manager, especially with regard to the campus’s administrative functions.
• Ensure that campus policies including those relating to Safeguarding, Race Equality, Equal Opportunities, Code of Conduct and Health & Safety are adhered to.
(Please note that this Job Description sets out the main duties associated with the stated purpose of the post. It is assumed that other duties of a similar level/nature undertaken within the section are not excluded because they are not itemised. The duties of this post could vary from time to time as a result of new legislation; changes in technology or policy and in that case appropriate training may be given to enable the post holder to undertake this new/varied work.)Essential Skills:
• Planning and project management skills.
• Basic financial planning and negotiating skills with the ability to manage budgets.
• Change management and ability to drive change.
• Ability to search for solutions to seemingly complex issues.
• Ability to work effectively both in collaboration with other professionals/teams and on own initiative.
• Ability to influence people who are not part of your team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to relate to young people, parents, colleagues, and external 3rd parties.
• Excellent organisational skills / time management / ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Great understanding of both operational and strategic priorities.
• Ability to pre-empt and resolve potential problems before they occur.
• Good IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
• Knowledge of local regulations of health and safety.
• Focussed on the perspectives and needs of customers and users (especially parents, staff and students),Knowledge base:
• Knowledge of development, planning and execution of preventive maintenance routines.
• Knowledge of civil protection, fire department, labour law, health and safety, construction parameters and educational infrastructure’ requirements.
• Knowledge of electrical safety, working at heights, personal protective equipment requirements.
• Knowledge of property security, access control, CCTV operation, security incident management, car & pedestrians transit regulations.
• Knowledge of hygiene in schools, water purification, wastewater treatment.
• Knowledge of contract management and procurement processes.Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Candidate must possess minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical/Electronic), Engineering (Mechanical) or equivalent.
• Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
• In-depth knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
• At least five (5) years of experience in facilities maintenance or equivalent related functions.
• Knowledge of OSHA and other environmental regulations
• Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management.
• Effective problem-solving abilities.
• Physically fit and available to work overtime including weekends when required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Person specification
• Ability to work as part of a team and flexibility to meet the needs of the department
• Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
• High degree of self-motivation
• Ability to work in a pressurized environment and maintain a sense of humour ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
1. Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
2. Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
3. Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
4. Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
5. Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
6. Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
7. Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
8. Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
9. Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organization.
10. Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
11. Agile. Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
12. Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
13. Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
14. Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history. How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of two referees (one of which must be from your current employer) to email [email protected]
Early application is encouraged as we reserve the right to appoint as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified.