Purpose of Role
The organisation is looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis – Italy, reporting to the Financial Controller – Italy and dotted line to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis – Europe.
The individual will be responsible for the preparation, coordination, and review management and business performance reporting, for the schools in Italy, to ensure clear understanding of actual performance to expected targets.
The individual must be based in Bergamo or Milano, and he/she has to be available to often travel between the two schools based in these cities in the early period.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Are financially responsible. We make financial choices carefully based on the needs of the children, students and our schools.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
Management Reporting and Interpretation
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly and annual financial information per the reporting timetable, including but not limited to:
- KPI reporting.
- Monthly budget variance reports and work with the School Principal on corrective actions to ensure the budget is met.
- Monthly review of actual expenditure for capital projects versus approved budget spend, highlight deviations and implement controls to avoid overspend.
- Reporting of cash collections and debtors reporting.
- Establish processes to ensure accurate data collection and review of monthly KPI data for the schools’ enrolments and the schools’ headcount.
- Produce a robust monthly management reporting pack, with insightful analysis and interpretation of variances, against budget expectations
- Conduct investigation and business analysis to ensure full understanding of key underlying drivers of performance
- Provide support to identify and evaluate actions to mitigate deviations from targets
- Manage and coordinate the annual budget and bi-annually P&L forecasting process for schools in Italy, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of the underlying assumptions
- Work with school leaders and Principals in different schools to build accurate budgets and ensure that data used to track and monitor performance (eg student pipeline data, staff FTE) is robust, accurate and able to be produced on a timely basis
- Develop a business partnering approach, providing guidance and analysis to the schools Principals and the Financial Controller - Italy, to support the growth of the region
- Work closely with school leaders and Principals to manage budgets during the year and provide analysis on request
- Provide analysis and support to evaluate strategic, tactical and operational initiatives, to drive sound business decisions
- Support the schools in putting together annual pricing exercises, collating data and preparing submissions for discussion and review with senior management
- Assist in the completion of Capex budgets and reports, providing financial and analytical input
- Evaluate business and financial risks and opportunities and report any possible impact to the delivery of targets
- Provide financial analysis for decision support including capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Provide analysis on the business profitability namely by department and activity and identify areas for improvement
- Assist in the adoption of the ISP core accounting platform, NetSuite and its management reporting tool PBCS, to facilitate efficient and consistent production of timely management information
- Provide feedback, suggestions and input from the region, to help develop the systems and facilitate efficient and consistent reporting across the region.
- Work closely with the ISP Regional Finance Team to ensure that acquired schools are integrated into ISP processes and ISP reporting in a timely manner
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified accountant or finance professional, with demonstrable experience of financial planning and analysis experience in a commercial environment
- Fluent in Italian and English.
- Strong understanding of financial planning and analysis best practice for a multi-locations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at senior levels of the organisation.
- Strong people skills and emotional intelligence
- Flexibility and a willingness to travel across the Italy
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback, supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.