Teacher - Mathematics
Date Added: Aug 7, 2023
Position: IGCSE, AS & A Level Mathematics (High School)
- Post graduate in Mathematics
- Strong knowledge of IGCSE, AS & A Level Mathematics content
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience in an institution with Cambridge curriculum
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of Cambridge learner attributes
- Knowledge of and experience with implementing active learning strategies
- Dynamic, goal oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to source or create different instructional resources and methods to meet varying learner needs
Job roles & responsibilities:
- To understand and implement the Scheme of Learning for the respective subject
- Ensure students learning
- To plan lessons for respective subject/class on a weekly/fortnightly basis
- Document all lesson plans, worksheets and any other resources (links/sites) used for teaching/learning
- To share previous and current lesson plans with the peers for broader version
- Conduct diagnostic assessments on a regular basis as per the school calendar
- Actively and constructively participate in the planning sessions of the respective department.
- To give constructive and timely feedback to students
- Regular correction of notebooks (any given assignment to the students must be checked by the teacher within two days)
- Put up relevant displays of their subjects in classroom soft boards
- To fill up the Daily Log Register at the end of the lesson/ period
- To ensure differential learning in classrooms
- To observe lessons of peer teachers and the Divisional Head so as to implement modification and improvement where required
- Aid in the selection of text-books and Library books apt for the various classes
- To plan and organise activities to enhance student learning (Science Fair, Math Fair, Literary Fest, Annual Day, Trips and Excursions, Guest Lectures, etc)
- To encourage active participation of the students in various departmental events successfully
- To bring to the notice of the Divisional Head any issues that are difficult to handle at the class level
- To update the Divisional Head about the academic progress of each student and any parent-related issues
- To play a full part in the life of the school community and to support its distinctive vision, mission, ethos and policies.
- To continue personal and professional development.
- To undertake any other duties assigned by the Principal.