Purpose of Role
The Group FP&A Manager reports into the Group Head of FP&A. This position is responsible for the coordination, consolidation, review and challenge of all management reporting for the assigned Regions. This includes monthly management reporting, forecasts and budgets as well as maintaining the five year plan and updating Group KPIs on a quarterly basis.
There are currently 10 regions managing 71 schools across 19 countries. ISP is a highly acquisitive business and the role will need to work with the M&A and Regional Finance teams to ensure that any new schools are embedded into the ISP reporting structure in an accurate and timely manner.
The Group FP&A Manager will be the main point of contact for the Regional Finance teams and Divisional Finance Directors for the assigned regions, providing information, support, guidance and training to help them successfully meet their Regional and Divisional responsibilities.
The role will also support the further development of NSPB (NetSuite Planning and Budgeting) which is the Planning and Reporting system used by ISP.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
- Monthly Financial Reporting, Analysis & Interpretation
- Coordinate the monthly management reporting process for the assigned Regions, ensuring Regions report timely and accurate financial information into the ISP Group consolidation system, in accordance with internal deadlines.
- Review, challenge and understand reporting and commentary to obtain accurate, useful and insightful analysis and interpretation of variances which will enable senior management and investors to assess performance and make business decisions.
- Preparing detailed commentary of the monthly results for discussion with the CFO, updating schedules in the management accounts pack and preparing the Board Pack for distribution
- Budget and Forecast Financial Reporting, Analysis and Interpretation
- Provide clear guidance and necessary information and review files to support the Regional Finance teams with the requirements to complete the budgeting and forecasting processes, in accordance with internal deadlines.
- Consolidate, review and challenge the Regional budget submissions to ensure they are reasonable, based on past performance and current trends.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the assumptions used to produce the School/Regional budgets and forecasts and track against actual results to drive understanding of the financial performance for the assigned Regions.
- Regional Partnering and Support
- Be the Group Finance point of contact for the assigned Regions and develop a Regional partnering approach, providing guidance, training and advisory support to the Regional teams in all finance matters to support the ongoing development and growth of the Regions.
- Lead and facilitate the monthly results meetings with the Regional Finance teams to gain a thorough understanding of all Regional issues.
- Ensure full understanding of the key underlying drivers of performance and provide support in evaluating actions to mitigate deviations from targets.
- Provide support and guidance to the Regions during the budget and forecast process and ensure they are fully prepared for Regional review meetings.
- Provide the Regional Finance team with support to onboard new schools. This will include attending regular meetings during the onboarding process to answer any questions, providing templates to collect historical data, reviewing all submissions in PBCS for consistency and phasing as well as gaining an understanding of the school and working with the Regional Team and Group Integration Manager to decide the correct timeframe to move them into the monthly reporting.
- Support the Group Head of FP&A with the further development of NSPB
- A suite of Group KPIs is being rolled out across the Regions. The Group FP&A Manager will be responsible for validating these for the assigned Regions as well as working with other members of the FP&A team and the Business Intelligence team to automate and update the reporting as required.
- Maintaining detailed analysis of capex, approving new capex codes in NetSuite and updating all records to accommodate them for the assigned Regions
- Supporting the FP&A Analyst
- Ensure completion of additional supporting analysis as required on a monthly, quarterly and/or annual basis, to satisfy ISPs internal reporting requirements.
- Ad hoc tasks and responsibilities as required by the role.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Professional Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA or local equivalent
- 4 years+ of PQE, preferably in a multi-currency and multi-regional environment
- Prior experience using PBCS would be advantageous
- Demonstrable understanding of IFRS
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications is needed (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Ability to build good working relationships with all members and levels of the organisation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, strong writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Commercial outlook
- Possess a thorough understanding of financial statements and relationships between the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements
- Fluent written and spoken English a requirement. Additional language skills an advantage.
- Previous experience working in the education sector would be an advantage but not essential
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.1. Collaboration.
Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.2. Learning & Getting Better.
Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.3. Innovation Leadership.
Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.4. Outcome driven.
Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs5. Resilience.
Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.6. Community Focus.
Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families7. Integrity & Ethical Management.
Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.