HRIS Implementation Project Manager Role Profile
Purpose of Role
Reporting into the Group Head of People Operations and working closely with the Group People Systems Lead, the HRIS Implementation Project Manager will be responsible for leading the implementation of our HRIS upgrade.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding and Health & Safety issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Are financially responsible. We make financial choices carefully based on the needs of the children, students and our schools.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP HRIS Implementation Project Manager Key Responsibilities
- Project management for the full implementation of the HRIS upgrade, working collaboratively with Group HR and Talent, IT, EdTech, Business Intelligence, Regional HR and other key colleagues across ISP and our schools to ensure integration with our other systems and positive user-adoption across our group.
- Lead the project through the appropriate phases and modules of implementation to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery and supporting Group and Regional HR to ensure continuity of operations alongside.
- Act as a key member of the HRIS Steering Group and, together with the Group People Systems Lead, coordinate and lead the Implementation Group to understand and model group-wide requirements, processes, user guides and training – using the HRIS implementation project as an opportunity to improve and enhance how we do things.
- Partner with Regional HR and Regional HRIS to ensure appropriate regional and local customisation where necessary, ensuring that this does not detract from group standards, policies and/or initiatives.
- Support the cleanse, preparation and loading of data and documents into the new HRIS and support data validation following the migration.
- Support with the creation of appropriate test scenarios for any necessary system testing.
- Prepare and circulate project status reports on a regular basis.
- Identify, communicate, track and resolve issues to ensure project objectives are met.
- Monitor and audit HR, line manager and end-user usage of the system to ensure best practice, data accuracy and process efficacy and efficiency.
- Maintain clear, instructional documentation for future reference.
- During the implementation and roll-out, support the Group People Systems Lead to manage the operational vendor relationship, working directly with system providers.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- 3 years + HRIS implementation project management experience
- Systems configuration expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to serve as an intermediary between technical developers, HR and end-users
- Strong collaborative and facilitation skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities effectively and on time
- A people-person possessing empathy, professionalism and tact
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
- Agile. Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
- Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
- Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
ISP Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
ISP is committed to strengthening our inclusive culture by identifying, hiring, developing, and retaining high-performing teammates regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation and gender expression, age, disability status, neurodivergence, socio-economic background or other demographic characteristics. Candidates who share our vision and principles and are interested in contributing to the success of ISP through this role are strongly encouraged to apply.