Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Date Added: Aug 18, 2023
ISP HR officer Role Profile
Purpose of Role
The role of the Human Resources Officer covers the various activities of the Human Resources department in the school. They are the first point of contact for staff during daily school operations, providing a professional HR service to all members of staff throughout the whole employee lifecycle, alongside fulfilling the needs of the relevant regulatory bodies. The post holder supports the HR Manager in the well-being of all staff in the school.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Well-being and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Key Responsibilities
Talent acquisition and onboarding
- Assist with the recruitment process using the ISP system, placing job ads, ensuring alignment on budgets, creating job descriptions, scheduling interviews, screening candidates, and creating job offers and contracts.
- Assist with onboarding new employees including uploading documents to the HR/ISP & KHDA systems.
- Ensure all new joiners have their reference checks, police clearances and all other checks as per the ISP Safer Recruitment policy.
- To liaise with new joining staff and ensure that their documentation is completed prior to joining, KHDA approvals, and visas/work permits are in place prior to joining.
- To liaise with various teams in the school to ensure that new joiner items are ready and in place before they join.
- To support the HR Manager in all HR operational processes.
- To ensure all relevant staff have appropriate Health insurance and receive their annual/bi-annual benefits as per their contracts.
- To ensure all staff have the relevant documentation and approvals and to ensure that no staff or contractors working alongside children are allowed in school until they have completed all relevant checks as per the ISP Safer Recruitment policy.
- Ensure a smooth exit is achieved by those leaving by following the exit formalities and following up on payment of their end-of-service dues, as well as administration items such as experience letters.
- To maintain historical human resource records, and keep past and current records.
- To keep up to date with best practices and legislation, as well as ensure alignment to all ISP policies.
- To liaise with the school PRO to ensure documentation required for governance is in order.
- Assist with organizing in-house or off-site activities for all staff.
- To maintain a visible, professional, and high profile within the school.
- To maintain staff records on the Cezanne database and ensure staff are trained in how to use it.
- To submit for approval, the monthly attendance report for payroll purposes
- To log staff attendance and inform the HR Manager of patterns of staff attendance.
- Monitoring, and reviewing staff performance.
- Provide information and reports on data such as staff turnover, references, cost per hire, training hours per person, etc.
- Ensure compliance with regional and local legal requirements by enforcing adherence to requirements.
- Manage systems for staff attendance recording and ensure the absences are recorded on the HR system.
- Ensure compliance is met on the CBC and safeguarding as required by ISP & the School.
Compensation & Benefits
- Prepares contracts, contract addendums, offers, and agreements for any compensation and benefit awarded to employees.
- Serve as a partner to provide advice on organizational design issues.
- Ensure performance management opportunities are in place for all staff to enhance their ability to achieve goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility.
- To coordinate booking of Professional Development for staff in line with school priorities and compliance documentation.
- Ensure all employees have their KHDA, work permit and Visa approvals before starting work.
- Ensures all licences are up to date and follow up with the PRO before expiry.
- To ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements; KHDA guidelines, RTA guidelines, and approvals for bus drivers and monitors.
Health and Safety
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct.
- Ensure that all the necessary health and safety rules and procedures are being followed.
- Maintain an awareness of all the health and safety measures to be taken when in school.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Relevant HR qualification
- A minimum of 2 years of recent experience
- Excellent communication skills to lead by example.
- Be flexible and adaptable to the ever-changing world of education.
- Be reflective and passionate about self-development whilst contributing to the high standards of the school.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and the willingness to support colleague development.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All postholders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.