Role Profile – Head of Admissions
All staff in the school are responsible for ensuring that children are safe and properly supervised at all times. Our school is committed to ‘amazing learning’. All staff are expected to adhere to Star International School, Mirdif Code of Conduct and commit to promoting our vision – ‘we nurture creative, curious life-long learners who are equipped with the tools, knowledge and skills to make positive impact on themselves and their environment in a local, national and global context.’
Star International School, Mirdif is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
The post holder has specific responsibility for the organisation, administration and strategic development relating to the promotion of the School at all levels through targeted initiatives and activities directed by the Marketing Department. The post holder will be a true ambassador of the School, providing a professional and highly focused customer-service approach. As a representative of the School, the post holder will also work to develop links and partnerships with the parent, businesses, and local community contacts to support mutual development and growth whilst raising the profile and position of the School.
The post holder will be expected to build a close working relationship with other members of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) as well as teaching, administrative and other support staff to fully inform and involve the whole school community in the promotion of the School to the wider world. Collaboration with colleagues within International Schools Partnership, Middle East (ISP) and attendance at Group Admissions & Marketing Meetings will also be expected.
Key Duties and Areas of Responsibility
- Advise prospective parents & stakeholders on our value proposition (profile, program, fee structure and all services provided) across communications channels.
- Primary responsibility of implementing the Schools Admissions process, including lead generation, family journey, customer service, negotiation and objection handling, call scripts and parent communications.
- Make calls to potential digital and non-digital leads to convert them into school tours and enrolments.
- Organise admissions meetings and open events while displaying excellent customer service.
- Support the Phase Leaders in carrying out assessment of prospective pupils per the admissions policy and Ministry of Education regulations.
- Work in partnership with the Registrar to meet the School and Ministry of Education admissions criteria, including collecting and reviewing all necessary documentation.
- Assessment, development and coordination of all policies and documentation related to pupil admissions (including admissions toolkits, templates, and scholarship programs), with the support of stakeholders within the school, ISP, Ministry of Education and other relevant authorities.
- Monitor and develop lead generation activities, work with the ISP Marketing and Admissions Departments, to ensure admissions targets are met.
- Work with the Principal and SLT to develop appropriate programs and campaigns, such as referral schemes, scholarships, or working with feeder schools.
- Regularly review and develop admissions documents, parent communication platforms and templates, and marketing collaterals to ensure accurate information and best practice.
- Develop and nurture mutually beneficial relationships with feeder schools, nurseries, universities, local businesses, government entities, education agents and other organisations to maximise pupil recruitment and retention.
- Along with the Events & Communication Officer, support the Principal to develop the school’s communication and engagement strategy, based on the strengths and development areas, promoting the same within and beyond the school community.
- Support the Principal with participation in relevant national and regional conferences, events and competitions to raise the profile of the school, pupils and faculty.
- Lead direct reports in the school to pursue excellence in operational efficiency and customer service delivery. Systems should be reviewed regularly, and written and verbal communication are to be customized to maximize engagement.
- Advise on effective continued support and communication to new families after pupils enrol at the school - ‘after sales care’.
- Maintain positive vibes and good work relationships between team members
- Keep records of the team’s performance and follow up on their performance reviews on time.
School Marketing Activities in collaboration with the Events & Communication Officer:
- Develop and nurture personal links with nurseries, feeder schools, education agents, estate and relocation agents, universities, alumni, and developers to maximize pupil recruitment opportunities.
- Develop and nurture partnerships with local businesses and attend events to promote the School.
- Keep educational agents up to date with new developments at the School, including improvements to facilities, addition of new courses, academic results, recruitment events, and capacities. To maintain links with pupils as they leave the School (Alumni), keeping them involved in the life of the School to support future recruitment and promotion.
- Lead and attend School functions involving current parents and pupils as requested.
- Propose industry events and other opportunities to support pupil recruitment.
- Liaise with local and national newspapers, magazines, and appropriate specialist publications for advertising opportunities, including billboards and posters.
- Help the school to develop its school stories and promises.
- Ensure that Learning and demonstrating pupil progress is at the heart of the school marketing initiatives.
- Manage and implement effective campaigns within the school to achieve lead-generation targets.
- Work with ISP Middle East Head of Marketing to create and support a clear marketing strategy and budget for the school.
- Lead on social media techniques and strategies to engage wider digital audiences.
- Oversee and help plan open days, pupil recruitment and profile-raising advertising within the schools.
- Foster a culture of successful marketing campaigns with tracking systems to measure campaigns.
- Assist in the delivery of internal communication campaigns to support the school with retention strategies.
- Ensure accurate reporting of data, effective data management and analysis on which to base marketing decisions and track impact.
- Ensure effective budget management of all marketing activities within the School budget
- Complete regular KPI and enrolment tracking information with the Admissions team, providing reports to the Principal and ISP as required.
- Manage and oversee surveys of all stakeholders, assessing satisfaction and advising accordingly, as required.
- Manage team in producing termly reports on activity and expenditure to monitor the effective use of budget.
- Produce reports on competitors including fees, numbers and provisions, identifying opportunities to the Principal and ISP Heads.
Annual Financial Targets:
- New enrolment and annual retention numbers
- Enquiry and enrolment conversion rates
- Number of activities and events
In addition, all staff are required to carry out any tasks required by the school or the regional office to facilitate the smooth day-to-day running of the school.
To be line managed by the school principal and ISP Head of Admissions.
Holidays: 45 days per year.
Hours of work: 8:15 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Thursday and up to 12:00 pm on Fridays.