Hanoi Toronto School
Hanoi, Trung Hoa Ward, Cau Giay District
Date Added: Aug 31, 2023
Hanoi Toronto School (HTS) opened in August 2022 and is the first and only school in Vietnam offering international and integrated programs for Grades 1-12 that are completely aligned with the Ontario, Canada Curriculum HTS has two strands – an international program that is fully aligned with Ontario culminating in Ontario Secondary School Diploma and an integrated program that integrates Ontario curriculum with MOET requirements. HTS is genuinely a ‘one of a kind’ school in Vietnam.
HTS is an affiliated school of International Schools Partnership (ISP), one of the world’s largest international educational networks with 60+ schools in 17 different countries. Students and staff benefit from being part of the ISP family through active participation in a range of global learning opportunities. ISP invests in the professional development of its staff through its Learning First strategy.
HTS has a sister school in Ontario, Lynn- Rose, a premier Canadian private IB world school in Ontario and a fellow member of the International Schools Partnership. Through collaboration with Lynn-Rose College, our students will receive the opportunity to obtain the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) and study in Canada at Lynn-Rose by exchange or transfer.
Hanoi Toronto School is focused on providing students with the highest quality educational outcomes using the most up-to-date teaching and learning practices, in newly built state-of-the-art facilities. Hanoi Toronto School students experience Amazing Learning as a promise of significant student progress, performance, and achievement. The learners are at the heart of what we do. Simply put, their success is our success.
At HTS, we place children at the center of everything we do. They are encouraged to be kind, trustworthy, respectful, and accountable for their action. The school creates an excellent environment for children which will allow them to successfully progress during their academic and social life and prepare them for a successful future.
With state-of-the-art facilities (including a theatre to host music and arts performances, multiple sports facilities, ICT suites equipped with the latest digital learning technology, incredible outdoor learning spaces), we’re proud to say HTS has some of the top facilities among international and private schools in Hanoi.
HTS is recruiting one Full-time Music Teacher who are dynamic, flexible, and creative to join our teaching team.
Number of vacancies: 01
The role provides classroom instruction and education principles; ensures the development of student learning through effective lesson preparation, presentation, and management of classroom activities and related assessments.
- Develops lesson plans which meet established school and curriculum models
- Adapts and reassesses lesson plans to meet specific student needs, comply with newly implemented guidelines or rules, update relevant information, and utilize new developments in education.
- Adapts curriculum to fit student needs while maintaining overall class progress.
- Possesses and continually develops a working knowledge of curriculum programs and frameworks.
- Assesses and records student development, while identifying problem areas and areas which need attention and improvement.
- Provides a safe, positive learning environment for students.
- Communicates with all other staff members who engage with students.
- Communicates with parents as per school guidelines regularly, including presenting student progress reports and informing parents of requisite student discipline.
- Manages the diverse ability levels of students.
- Maintains order and discipline among students while promoting safety and compliance with school rules and guidelines.
- Attends occasional continuing education seminars
- Attends and takes part in school meetings on curriculum, organization, and guidelines
- Performs other tasks and responsibilities as might be reasonably assigned by your direct supervisor or the Deputy Head
Class Management Skills, Curriculum Building, Lesson Planning, Extensive Knowledge of Relevant Teaching Subject Area, Adaptable Teaching Practices, Creative Problem-Solving Skills, Patience, Empathy, Strong written, and verbal Communication Skills, Developed Organizational Skills, Deadline Adherence, Cultural awareness.
Qualification & Experience:
- Be a native-speaker and hold a valid passport from the US, UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, or South Africa)
- Bachelor or higher degree in Education or a Bachelor of Art, along with an internationally qualified teaching certification such as PGCE/PGCertEd /QTS
- Minimum of 3 years international teaching experience at primary level curriculum experience is preferable.
- Clean criminal records
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous ten years’ employment history.