Montessori Teacher (Age Group 6-9)
REPORTS TO: Head of School
DIRECT REPORTS: No
ANTICIPATED START: ASAP
LOCATION: Pembroke Pines, FL
Montessori Academy of Broward, located in Pembroke Pines, Florida, is seeking a motivated and dynamic Montessori Teacher, who is committed to ensuring student achievement for all students in the classroom. Our students at Montessori Academy are held to very high expectations regarding both academic achievement and character development. A successful candidate must have the unyielding belief that all children can and must succeed.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
- Teach students through Montessori methods, create independent learning environment utilizing the specially-designed learning materials for the age group.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that are specific to the content area of focus, following the school implemented curriculum based on the Montessori philosophy.
- Administer and develop subject specific assessments for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or addressing individual student’s needs.
- Advise parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations and student’s achievements; develop methods for improvements and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Collaborate with instructional staff, other school personnel, and parents for the purpose of improving overall quality of student outcomes, and achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school’s vison and mission.
- Manage student’ behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Participate in a variety of meetings and professional development activities for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions and to improve student achievement.
- Monitor students in a variety of educational environments (e.g., classroom, playground, school grounds, hallways, restrooms, field trips, pavilion, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Supports other classroom teachers for the purpose of assisting them in the implementation of established curriculum.
- Use relevant technology to support instruction.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as open houses, graduations, picnics, PTO events, and other events as directed by administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Holder of a Montessori Certification for the age group (6-9) from an accredited AMS or AMI or any other teacher training program that is recognized and accredited by the MACTE.
- Must demonstrate mastery and enthusiasm for Montessori teaching.
- Must be proficient in educational technology.
- Must be able to produce at least two professional references.
Opportunities for the Successful Candidate
- The opportunity to work with a team of committed and supportive colleagues.
- The opportunity for ongoing professional development of the Montessori educational approach from highly experienced practitioners and school leaders.
- The opportunity to teach students who are engaged, enthusiastic and respectful.
- The opportunity to collaborate with colleagues from different schools in the U.S. and from around the world.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling. Generally, the job requires sitting, walking, and standing.
Montessori Academy is a U.S. participates in E-Verify and will provide the Federal Government with your form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Montessori & ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
Montessori Academy & ISP are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.