International School Andalucia
Date Added: Sep 14, 2023
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years of employment history. We will also request references covering the last 5 years of employment
A primary teacher role who consistently works towards outstanding performance across all professional standards, ensuring safeguarding and successful pupil outcomes. Pastoral opportunities may be available.
Planning, Teaching and Class Management
To teach classes of children throughout the school by planning appropriate teaching to achieve progression of learning for pupils through:
• Identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed.
• Setting tasks, which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest.
• Setting appropriate and demanding expectations.
• Setting clear targets, building on prior attainment.
• Identifying SEN or very able pupils.
• Providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge.
• Making effective use of assessment and ensuring coverage of programmes of study.
• Ensuring effective teaching and best use of available time.
• Monitoring and intervening to ensure sound learning and behaviour for learning using the school's policies and procedures.
• Using a variety of teaching and learning methods to meet the needs of all pupils across all subjects.
• Evaluating their own teaching critically to improve effectiveness.
Monitoring, assessment, recording and reporting
• Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching.
• Mark and monitor pupil’s work and set targets for progress.
• Assess and record pupil’s progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and weaknesses, inform planning and recognise the level at which the pupil is achieving.
• Prepare and present informative reports to parents.
• Undertaking pastoral and tutorial duties, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties; monitor attendance and punctuality and report any concerns to Parents and Head of Key Stage as appropriate.
Other professional requirements are to
• Operate at all times within the stated policies and practices of the school.
• Endeavour to give every child the opportunity to reach their potential and meet high expectations.
• Contribute to the life of the school through effective participation in meetings and management systems necessary to coordinate the management of the school.
• Ensure your own professional development.
• Develop appropriate liaison with all teaching and support staff.
• Liaise effectively with parents and actively promote their involvement in the life of the school.
• Actively lead and develop the subject area as part of the wider, extra-curricular offer.
Education and Skills
• Fully qualified teacher, with German and English.
• Excellent classroom management skills and able to follow the school’s behaviour management policy.
• Excellent subject knowledge.
• Full understanding of Equal Opportunities and able to implement it in everyday practice.
• Further qualifications and track record of professional development.
Training and Experience:
• Successful experience in teaching in a UK school/Curriculum
• Proven track record of delivering in Primary Sector.
• Record of delivering relevant extracurricular activities/events
Competencies for the Role
• To be approachable to children, parents, and staff.
• To be able to work professionally as part of a team.
• To be flexible, friendly and cooperative when working with colleagues.
• To communicate clearly to families, students and staff and resolve any issues quickly and professionally.
• To communicate effectively and with empathy both verbally and in writing.
At International School Andalucía we have high academic and behavioural expectations for all of our students. Our vision is that every child will achieve more than they imagined possible, in a happy and inclusive environment where everyone is supported and encouraged to give their personal best.
In addition, our whole community shares a common understanding of the personal qualities and values which we hope all of our students will demonstrate and uphold.
This school and ISP are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
All successful candidates will be required to:
•Provide proof of identity
•Provide Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering any country they have lived
and worked in during the last 10 years.
•Provide proof of professional status
•Provide actual certificates of qualifications
•Complete a confidential health questionnaire (in countries where this is permitted)
•Provide proof of eligibility to live and work in the country of employment
•The above must be included in the conditional offer letter clearly stating that failure to
comply will result in the offer being withdrawn.