Date Added: Sep 14, 2023
India Tax Manager
The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues, in ﬁnancially responsible schools around the world, all of which aim to be the school of choice in their local area. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our students, colleagues, and parents. We are committed to getting better, all the time. Located in Hyderabad India, reporting to the Regional Finance Director India and with a dotted line to the Global Head of Tax in London, the India Tax Manager will be accountable for managing the tax function (Direct/Indirect/Transfer Pricing) and providing taxation services across our schools and businesses within India.
Regional Finance Director India and a dotted line to the Global Head of Tax
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
- Technically sound and experienced in framing tax strategies for the organization having multiple legal entities that bring tax efficiencies and protect from tax litigations.
- Take lead on the tax integration for the new acquisitions.
- Able to provide expert opinion from a tax perspective on current or new projects.
- Review the current recharge process across the India and Divisional entities, identify the gaps and take corrective actions.
- Hands-on experience in managing regular compliances related to Direct/Indirect Tax, should coordinate with school finance managers to collect reports, review and timely filings. Ensure monthly tax payments are done before due dates, quarterly / annual returns are filed before due dates.
- Ensure that all school entities and regional entities are doing correct tax accounting as required by applicable law.
- Manage transfer pricing documentation in collaboration with external advisors and annual filing as required for transfer pricing.
- Manage tax audits, ensure annual tax returns are being reviewed and required information is provided to tax consultants.
- Support with the annual corporate income tax reporting under IFRS including calculation of current and deferred tax positions.
- Review GST returns prepared by the School Finance team and supporting documentation and ensure timely filing is done.
- Build and maintain a tax risk register, prioritize tax risk mitigation projects.
- Experienced in coordinating and managing external tax (direct/indirect) consulting relationships.
- Identify the compliances that need to be done in-house and make a smooth process of review and monitoring.
- Monitor other applicable compliances to the organizations that are being done by external consultants.
Qualificaions and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to effectively interact at all levels and collaborate with cross-functional colleagues to establish trust, respect, and confidence.
- A self-starter who can work by themselves or as part of a team.
- Expand strategic partnerships with the stakeholders
- High levels of personal integrity.
- Conscientious and able to focus on completing work to a consistently high standard.
- Flexible and positive approach to work.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills; high attention to detail.
- Able to identify issues and raise them in an appropriately timeframe.
- Work collaboratively with the local finance team and well as the Group Tax Team.
- 8+ years’ experience in service industry with CA certification.
- Experience of working in a multi-national organization and dealing with international tax matters would be an advantage.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history