School Events & Communication Officer Role Profile
Purpose of Role
For all staff in school, we share a responsibility to ensure that children are always safe and properly supervised. Our school is committed to ‘amazing learning’- providing enjoyable and meaningful learning experiences so that every pupil makes as much progress as possible. All staff are expected to adhere to school policies and code of conduct and commit to promoting our vision – ‘A happy community school with amazing learning at its heart where pupils are empowered to make choices, engage in meaningful learning experiences and make exceptional progress’.
The Marketing and Communication Officer will maximise opportunities for admissions and build retention while connecting parents and students with information, resources and people. They will be responsible for the mapping and measurement of our customer experiences at all touch points, support school/ISP’s brand promise and encourage parent endorsement. The Marketing & Communications Officer will be the link between the school and ISP Admissions & Marketing Teams. Together with the admissions team, they will assist new parents in the admissions process and conduct digital marketing activities of the school.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP School Events & Communication Officer Key Responsibilities
- Organise & promote school open days, school tours and school events for prospective parents and visitors
- Organise & promote parent open forums and information sessions in collaboration with the SLT and faculty staff
- Support the school in managing parental communication supporting the senior leadership team with parent enquiries
- Manage the schools parent teacher association in support of school community events and wider community engagement
- Attend external events, exhibitions and fairs to promote the school along with Admissions team
- Be present at all key school events and provide hands on support as required
- Work alongside the ISP Marketing Team to organise promotional gifts as required
- Act as the school’s social media expert and work with ISP and Admissions Manager to set the social media strategy and targets
- Identify stories from within the school and create content to promote across the range of media
- Create engaging content (text, image and video) to be posted on Social Media platforms in order to promote school stories, promises and narratives
- Develop an optimal posting calendar, considering marketing strategy, web traffic and customer engagement metrics
- Work on Website, Analytics and SEO to coordinate on content, measurement and reporting strategies
- Identify influencers and work with them to increase engagement with our parents across social media
- Undertake a systematic review of the school website, social media pages and landing pages
- Monitor and measure the results of communications and social media activities and report on progress
- Take a proactive approach in identifying ways to improve the school site and landing pages
School Communications & Brand Management
- Deliver a weekly comprehensive school newsletter. Competent user of Abobe Indesign and Photoshop required.
- Assist in drafting high-quality communications along with the Principal, SLT and faculty staff
- Maintain stocks of school marketing collateral and order accordingly
- Maintain a comprehensive high res image library
- Assist ISP Marketing Team in sourcing photographs and design for marketing collateral
- Work with staff to ensure that branding is used correctly and consistently in accordance with the ISP branding guidelines
- Communication across the school is consistent and of a high quality
- Explore opportunities to improve media coverage in conjunction with ISP
Community and Business Relations
- Identify and source opportunities for partnerships in the local community with corporates and nurseries
- Foster and maintain strong parent relationships
- Act as a school representative on the Parent Team and attend meetings with corporates and nurseries
- Identify new ways to attract prospective customers, like promotions and competitions
- Assist in competitor analysis
- Undertake regular reviews of online school directories
- Provide support to the School Admissions team as and when required
- Work alongside School Admissions to maintain strong parent relationships
- Deputise for the Admissions Manager during sickness and vacation periods as required
- In collaboration with Admissions Manager report to the ISP Regional Office on school marketing activities
Health and Safety
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Assist in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct
- Ensure that, all the necessary health and safety rules and procedures are being followed
- Maintain an awareness of all the health and safety measures to be taken when in school
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from a relevant field
Experience: 3 years’ experience working in school admissions or sales desirable
Working Days: Monday- Friday . However, you will be required to attend various events during the weekend and/or after working hours to fulfil the role.
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English language, in spoken and written form
- Presentation skills with the ability to present information in a concise and professional manner
- Organization skills: well organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Customer service
- Critical thinking
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and motivate others
- Willing attitude to be a part of the school team
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Safeguarding and welfare of children
- A collaborative team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Behavior management
- Demonstrated competency to use computer applications related to the role, including word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Record keeping and report preparation methods
- Interpersonal skills including tact, courtesy and patience
- Customer focused
- Willingness to undertake appropriate Professional Development
- Empathetic listener
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Internationally minded
- Emotional intelligence
- Intercultural awareness, creative
- Flexible and a can-do attitude
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified.
Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description
Employees are expected to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding PrinciplesISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.