Senior Manager - Finance
Date Added: Sep 23, 2023
Manthan and ISP Principles
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
- Expert in managing financial accounting in ERP environment, as per the accounting standards and Indian GAAP.
- Experienced in managing Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivable, GL accounting, Fixed Assets and banking.
- Ensure that all entries are being supported with proper bills, invoices, vouchers, and supporting documents.
- Ensure intercompany accounting and reconciliations are done on a monthly basis.
- Expert in preparing financial statements ( P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement) of the Company in line with the statutory requirements and timelines. Ensure all financial information are backed by schedules and notes.
- Deep insights to the P&L and Balance Sheet to ensure that all items are scrutinized on a monthly basis and corrective actions are taken, wherever needed.
- Experienced in finalizing audit and financials with the auditors.
- Responsible for periodic compliance with respect to Income Tax / GST / PF / PT / ESIC / ROC / Shop & establishment.
- All returns or filings to statutory bodies to be reviewed and communicated with tax consultants / tax manager to ensure these compliances are done before due dates.
Business Partnering & Reporting
- This position requires partnering with the Principal and other department heads in taking business decisions by providing business insights through analytics.
- Ensure budgets are being prepared in line with the group guidelines and monthly variance analysis is done and presented to the management team.
- Monitor dues, collections and Cash Flow.
Develop Systems and Processes & Controls
- Ensure company policies and processes are being followed by all the departments in financial transactions.
- Ability to strengthen the existing policies and processes that brings financial control and governance in the system to ensure adequate internal controls are in place.
- Working knowledge in ERP systems in organisation having multiple entities is required.
- Review monthly payroll process and ensure 100% accuracy and timely Salary payments to employees.
- This position will manage team of three members.
- Direct reporting to the School Principal and dotted line to regional finance function.
- A Qualified Chartered Accountant having post qualification experience of 8 -12 years
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximize opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
- Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
- Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
- Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
- Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
- Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
- Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
- Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviors, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
Manthan and ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.