Date Added: Oct 3, 2023
Regional Onboarding Manager – Iberia
Reporting Line: Regional Managing Director, Iberia
The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues, in ﬁnancially responsible schools around the world, all of which aim to be the school of choice in their local area. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our students, colleagues, and parents. We are committed to getting better, all the time.
ISP was founded by an experienced team of committed educationalists and operators who have worked together over many years. Our growing group of private schools located in the UK, the USA, Canada, Spain, Italy, Switzerland Costa Rica, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Malaysia, Mexico, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru educate children and students from 2–18 years of age. We have now expanded to over 76 schools that employ over 10,000 staﬀ and deliver multiple curricula to over 65,000 students located across the globe.
We believe that successful schools are the ones that put learning at the heart of everything they do, always aiming to create rounded individuals that can forge successful careers and lives, in a rapidly changing world. Our goal is to enable our schools to be the leading school of choice in their local area. At ISP we continue to engage with schools around the world that are interested in becoming part of our global group of schools and look forward to welcoming more students and staﬀ to the group.
The Regional Onboarding Manager (“ROM”) position is responsible for all aspects of onboarding newly acquired schools in the region. The ROM will be the main point of contact with business-critical functional teams (HR and Finance) in the acquired schools and will help to embed new team members as applicable. Working with Functional Heads in the regional office, this will cover multiple areas including:
This role is crucial to the onboarding of the school and ensuring a seamless transition to being part of the ISP group. Post onboarding, the ROM will continue to support the school to become the ‘school of choice’ in the region, and the effective delivery of the Amazing Learning message that is at the centre of the ISP vision.
Main responsibilities include:
Finance and IT
Reporting, Compliance and Control
• Onboarding of the School into the wider ISP network, ensuring policies and procedures are adopted and ISP practices are followed
• Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly and annual financial information.
• Ensure timely and accurate production of month-end numbers and reporting which include Profit and Loss account, Balance Sheet and Cashflow.
• Ensure ISP Group Delegation of Authority framework is implemented as soon as possible. Design internal control systems for all functions in the school to ensure the safeguarding of regional assets and monitor and enforce internal controls.
• Work with regional and group finance & IT functions to ensure school implements ISP core finance and accounting systems (ISAMs, NetSuite, PBCS) as a priority.
Financial Planning and Analysis
• Support the preparation and submission of the first post-acquisition school budget/in-year reforecast
• Review and reconcile initial budget/forecast to investment case model, identifying any differences and reasons behind variances
• Support school to implement ISP standard KPI and performance monitoring reports
• Undertake such other reasonable responsibilities and tasks that may, from time to time, be assigned by the Regional Managing Director and other key stakeholders.
• The successful candidate will need to have a minimum of five years’ experience in financial and accounting management, together with demonstrable project management skills. They will be a self-starter who uses initiative, can manage a varied workload, is deadline driven and has the commitment to seeing a change process through from start to finish. An ability to travel and spend time in the newly acquired schools is an essential component of the role.
1. Fluent English is essential, other European languages desirable
2. Qualified accountant (chartered or equivalent)
3. Strong Project Management skills essential
4. Systems integration experience desirable
5. Advanced Excel skills
6. Excellent communication and influencing skills
7. International experience
8. Flexibility, multi-tasking mindset and an ability to deal with shifting priorities
9. Hands-on approach
10. Comfortable managing a variety of financial and non-financial stakeholders
11. Experience in the education industry is desirable but not required
Safeguarding & Safer Recruitment
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years employment history.