This job posting is no longer active.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Date Added: Oct 4, 2023
ISP Receptionist Role Profile
Purpose of Role
The Receptionist is the main contact person for all parents and visitors. They assist in the successful administration of the school. The role requires the incumbent to promote an efficient service while maintaining the ethos of the school. The Receptionist is responsible for front office enquiries and directing people appropriately and efficiently.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Receptionist Key Responsibilities
- Provision of high-quality reception service including the efficient and courteous management of incoming telephone calls and visitors in line with the school guidelines
- Primary telephone switchboard operator and relay messages throughout the school
- Responsible for the signing in of visitors to the school and to communicate with courtesy to all staff, students, parents, visitors, outside agencies etc.
- Control visitor access to the school
- Accept all deliveries and arrange the distribution to the relevant departments
- Manage room bookings
- Maintain and update all administrative and information systems and processes as required, including retrieving and collating information to ensure delivery of an efficient reception and administrative service
- Deputize for absent colleagues as part of the office administrative team
- Assist with student first aid and welfare matters
- Attend appropriate Professional Development Courses
- Assist the registrar with management of the student database on the school system, as required
- Assist the admissions team in dealing effectively with all enquiries regarding admission to the school – managing database of all enquiries and issuing prospectuses
- Ensuring the main reception areas are clean and tidy and marketing material is replenished daily
- Ensure the necessary filings are done and maintained accurately
- Initiate to improve the front office environment
- Ensure all the respective boards are maintained, kept updated and changed as required
- Assist with Open Days, Prize Giving and other school functions and events
Health and Safety
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Assist in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct
- Ensure that, all the necessary health and safety rules and procedures are being followed
- Maintain an awareness of all the health and safety measures to be taken when in school
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 3 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English language, in spoken and written form (Arabic desired)
- Telephone etiquette training (Added advantage)
- Customer Service Training (Added advantage)
- Ability to deal tactfully and confidently with telephone callers and visitors
- Willing attitude to be a part of the school team
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Safeguarding and welfare of children
- A collaborative team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Behavior management
- Good IT skills
- Ability to remain calm, composed and flexible within a busy and demanding environment
- Ability to work effectively within a team and on own initiative
- Ability to undertake a wide range of clerical, administrative and general duties
- Must be accurate in recording details and make full use of the Schools Management Systems
- Integrity and confidentiality to be maintained at all times
- Show loyalty and commitment to school
- Smart and presentable
- Ability to deal positively with children, parents and staff
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and self-initiator
- Willingness to undertake appropriate Professional Development
- Assurance of total confidentiality and discretion
- Willing to work outside the contractual hours – during admission time, leading up to KHDA/DSIB, Parent Teacher’s Conference or as deemed necessary by the School Management
- Empathetic listener
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Internationally minded
- Emotional intelligence
- Intercultural awareness, creative
- Flexible and a can-do attitude
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.