Lady Elizabeth School
Date Added: Oct 13, 2023
Part Time Accounts Assistant Job Opportunity (Temporary)
We´re looking for an enthusiastic and friendly individual to join our administration team from October 2023 to March 2024 from 9.00 until 13.00. The Accounts Assistant is essential for the smooth running of the finance department and as the first point of contact for all accounts queries, delivering excellent customer service as well as providing efficient support in a busy environment..
Accounts Assistant Role Profile
LES´ Mission: We provide an enriching, learning-focused education of the highest standard which allows our pupils to achieve both success and experience failure in a safe and supportive environment. Staff, pupils and parents share the fundamental expectation of a positive attitude to learning. We nurture our pupils, encouraging them to develop a Growth Mindset to ensure they become resilient and persevere in the face of challenges. Happy, respectful, internationally-minded pupils, staff and parents are the core of our community. We support our pupils and staff to constantly get better and improve themselves. We do this as a team, without exception.
At ISP, everyone is a learner. As a senior leader, you model learning and a growth mindset, demonstrating a desire to learn and build on your knowledge, skills and understanding in leading learning and the learning of others. You foster the learning and growth of your leadership team, which will be fundamental to your success.
Learner (ISP definition)
The ISP learner recognises that their mindset, experiences and actions drive their learning outcomes. With this awareness, they exercise voice, choice, and ownership over their process of learning - leading their learning and the learning of others.
Head of Finance
Head of School
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Well-being and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
● To be the first point of contact for accounts enquiries to the school i.e. visits, calls and emails and to respond to queries from parents/carers and the general public with exemplary professionalism, ensuring that any messages are immediately dealt with, or forwarded to appropriate member of staff
● To ensure accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts.
● To administer school bank account(s) which includes receiving funds, issuing receipts, and recording accounts receivables’ data, preparing and reconciling month-end reports
● Credit control: chasing and consolidating outstanding debt; making outbound calls to recover outstanding debt owed by parents and take preventative action to avoid further debt/arrears
● Creating weekly and monthly debtors reports for senior leadership, tracking and updating in a timely manner
● To follow correct procedures and policies in line with debt management
● To monitor and track debt collection progress and regularly report to the Head of School
● To Research and resolve accounting discrepancies concerning school accounts receivable and other related transactions
● To develop and maintain effective relationships with parents to ensure that debt collection is maximised and to resolve any billing issues
● To reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
● Other duties, as assigned by either the Head of School and/ or Head of Administration (e.g. one off projects)
● To support the administration team in periods of absences, ensuring the reception is always covered and client queries are dealt professionally within a timely manner in the absence of colleagues
The above details are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake tasks, roles and responsibilities as may reasonably be assigned to him/her by the Senior Leadership team
Experience and Skills:
Experience and qualifications
● Good level of English and Spanish
● Successful relevant experience in similar roles
● High level of computer literacy
Skills and abilities
● Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner
● Ability to work calmly under pressure and prioritise effectively
● A commitment to getting the best outcomes for all staff, pupils and parents and promoting the ethos and values of the school
● To be friendly and cooperative when working with colleagues as part of a team
● To communicate clearly and resolve any issues quickly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
● A high level of attention to detail
● To be self-motivated, be able to manage own time, prioritise tasks and show initiative
● Discretion and the ability to maintain in strictest confidence any information received concerning school matters
● Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with pupils, parents and staff and the wider school community
● Well-presented with a professional attitude
● Flexibility at busy times
● Confident and personable with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
Lady Elizabeth and ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.