Assistant Finance Manager - Qatar
This job posting is no longer active.
ISP Middle East
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Date Added: Oct 18, 2023
ISP Assistant Finance & Administration Manager - Qatar Role Profile
Reporting to: Country Finance and Administration Manager
Purpose of Role
Assist the Finance & Administration Manager in overseeing the financial operations of the Qatar school.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Assistant Finance & Administration Manager Key Responsibilities
- Preparation and review of full set of monthly reporting and statutory accounts.
- Involved in the preparation of financial management reporting as per ISP timelines (e.g. monthly reporting, budgets and forecasts).
- Review monthly bank and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting in cash flow forecasting and management.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Posting of journals, invoices and transactions
- Manage day-to-day processing of AP, AR and treasury functions.
- Assisting Finance & Admin Manager with cost management to meet budget targets.
- Compile audit requirements for the annual, Transfer Pricing or GTA audits and attend to audit queries.
- Process monthly payroll in school payroll software.
- Manage the allocation and reporting of all Capex spend across the school and ensure accurate supporting doumentation is maintained.
- Collaborate with the Finance & Admin Manager to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Handling day to day operation with other administration departments.
- Assisting the Accounts Receivable team with debt collections and parent communications.
- Liaising with external stakeholders, ie Auditors, Tax Consultants and other stakeholders as required. Ensure compliance with these regulations.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Finance, Accounting)
Experience: 3+ years
- In-dept knowledge of accounting principles
- Previous experience with reporting in an international group
- Audit and Assurance
- Microsoft Office Experience
- Oracle/NetSuite Accounting Software experience
- Strong ethical standards and commitment to maintaining confidentiality
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
- Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
- Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
- Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
- Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.