Associate Director Profile
Purpose of Role
The Investment and Partnerships team is responsible for acquiring and building schools globally. This is a fast-paced team working across global time-zones to grow our family of schools.
The Associate Director will be located in Europe, directly supporting the Group Chief Investment Officer and working alongside other Associate Directors in supporting our investment efforts. The team is
extremely collegiate in approach and this individual will be expected to work across numerous cultures and geographies.
Close collaboration with Investment Directors who work across the globe to grow ISP’s platform. The successful candidate will be at the centre of our fast-paced team, and will be responsible for assisting with the sourcing, evaluating, negotiating and structuring of potential deals.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Senior Investment Associate Key Responsibilities
They will be a fast learner who is agile, able to adapt quickly and successfully to an ever-changing list of demands. A strong work ethic, positive attitude and commitment to be at their best professionally are all
Great communication skills are essential in this role, which will involve deal origination and transaction management. Experience in excel and modelling skills are key.
Progression within the team and the company is well mapped and varied.
- Developing market knowledge and identifying potential acquisitions of individual assets or groups
- Interpreting financial reports and creating financial models to build an investment case
- Transaction management: interaction with the Group Heads of M&A, Legal and Tax to ensure deals are managed efficiently
- Managing the approach to acquisition: identifying targets and liaising directly with business / school owners
- Identifying schools’ attributes and owners; initial diligence
- Engaging with prospective schools, creating a setting for a successful approach
- Developing relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external
- Collaborating with and supporting Investment Directors by creating schedules of meetings with relevant stakeholder and helping with the preparation for these meetings.
- Maintaining the proprietary database of schools to ensure seamless cross team working
- Writing investment reports for the Senior Management Team and Board
- Writing and updating market macro-research and mapping reports
- Collaborating with advisors on demographic and socio-economic analysis
- Supporting the team with any necessary research and data that informs the decision-making process throughout the transaction with input to investment reports, risks and regulation reports and other ad-hoc requirements
- Drafting reports on specific topics and geographies based on own research and using clear referencing system
- Responsibility for financial modelling to support new build projects and acquisitions
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree level minimum
- Professional qualification such as CFA or CA preferred
- 3-7 years+ experience in a commercial or professional services environment
- Collegiate team focus
- Commercial acumen, and ability to understand business drivers
- Advanced financial understanding
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Confident, articulate communicator and presenter
- Personable and a successful networker and persuader
- Ability to manage own priorities and work independently
- Self-starter, motivated to succeed, able to deal effectively with ambiguity
- Familiarity with the education sector would be an assetISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
- Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
- Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
- Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
- Agile. Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
- Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
- Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
- Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.