Description of School
We are one of the biggest school groups in South East Asia with over 5000 students attending Tenby schools every day across Malaysia. We are part of the International Schools Partnership (ISP), a leading International Education company based in London with 50 schools across the world. We are part of a worldwide family with sister schools in Spain, UK, Mexico, Costa Rica, USA, Canada, Dubai and the UAE.
We have a proven track record of staff development and good quality teaching and learning. We are unique because we have a Private Malaysian school and an International School on the same campus and we are truly integrated.
Tenby Penang is one of the leading schools on the island of Penang. Find out more on our website (www.tenby.edu.my/penang) and our social media sites.
- A culture of engagement and trust, where staff contributions are recognised and valued.
- A passionate and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of decision-making.
- An embedded whole campus commitment to professional development and a commitment to serving others.
- A peer network of like-minded teaching colleagues and support from non-academic staff.
- Access to expertise, best practise sharing and learning opportunities across countries and cultures.
- A commitment to employee well-being.
We also offer
This is a one-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Fee discount for children of employees
- Medical outpatient and insurance benefits
- Personal Accident insurance coverage
- Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
ISP Malaysia- [Tenby School Penang]
[Early Years Teaching Assistant]
Purpose of Role
We are looking for suitably qualified, inspirational and experienced Early Years Teaching Assistant to join our forward thinking and dynamic teaching team that provides quality teaching and learning for our students – commencing January 2024.
The ideal candidate is one who is resourceful and innovative in assisting Early Years classes. You will be good at working and inspiring your colleagues, our students, and their parents and will also be supported by strong leadership and systems.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Early Years Teaching Assistant Key Responsibilities
- To assist the class teacher by working with the children so that they can fulfill their social, personal and academic goals.
- To assist the teacher by being aware of what the class teacher has planned for the day and the routines that they have has set up.
- To be observant enough to pick out any child who may need help and to check with the class teacher on measures to be taken to help him/her.
- To help in the preparation of resources and to display children’s work.
- To attend all the staff briefings and be ready to attend staff training and professional development conducted in school.
- Teaching assistant must be ready to take on supervisory duties outside the classroom when asked by the Principal/Head of Section/Deputies
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Applicant must possess a Diploma in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with children in a classroom setting, preferable in an international school context.
- Applicants will be hardworking, enthusiastic and creativity and a growth mindset.
- Strong grasp of the English Language both written and spoken with the ability to communicate effectively with both children and adults.
- Plan, prepare and deliver activities for young children to enjoy.
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
- Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
- Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
- Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
- Agile. Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
- Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
- Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
- Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.