Description of School
We are one of the biggest school groups in South East Asia with over 5000 students attending Tenby schools every day across Malaysia. We are part of the International Schools Partnership (ISP), a leading International Education company based in London with 50 schools across the world. We are part of a worldwide family with sister schools in Spain, UK, Mexico, Costa Rica, USA, Canada, Dubai and the UAE.
We have a proven track record of staff development and good quality teaching and learning. We are unique because we have a Private Malaysian school and an International School on the same campus and we are truly integrated.
Tenby Penang is one of the leading schools on the island of Penang. Find out more on our website (www.tenby.edu.my/penang) and our social media sites.
- A culture of engagement and trust, where staff contributions are recognised and valued.
- A passionate and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of decision-making.
- An embedded whole campus commitment to professional development and a commitment to serving others.
- A peer network of like-minded teaching colleagues and support from non-academic staff.
- Access to expertise, best practise sharing and learning opportunities across countries and cultures.
- A commitment to employee well-being.
We also offer
This is a one-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Fee discount for children of employees
- Medical outpatient and insurance benefits
- Personal Accident insurance coverage
- Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
ISP Malaysia- [Tenby School Penang]
Purpose of Role
We are looking for suitably qualified, inspirational and experienced Primary Teacher to join our forward thinking and dynamic teaching team that provides quality teaching and learning for our students – commencing January 2024. You will teach English, Maths and Phonics across Year 1 to Year 6. You will be supported by strong leadership, systems and an outstanding professional development programme.
The ideal candidate is one who is resourceful and innovative in their teaching approach. You are important in maintaining a high standard of teaching, inspiring the students to be actively interested in the subjects and continue to drive up performance.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Primary Teacher Key Responsibilities
- To teach English, Maths, IPC, Computing and Phonics across Year 1 to Year 6.
- This position may come with possibility of a responsibility role depending on experience.
- Able to interact on a professional level with colleagues, establish and maintain productive relationships with them to promote mutual understanding of the school curriculum with the aim of continually improving the quality of teaching and learning in the school.
- Deliver the highest standards of education in the teacher’s areas of expertise, qualifications and skills.
- Uphold through instruction and example, the highest moral and ethical values including truth, equal opportunity, humanity and respect
- Teach the students assigned to him/her in a consistently effective and varied manner, according to their educational needs and plan for differentiation taking into account learning styles and identified strengths and/or weaknesses
- Ensure regular, consistent and lucid planning and preparation of lessons according to the school’s guidelines
- Encourage students to achieve beyond levels of expectation
- Consistently motivate students through excellent and varied methods of delivery and strong interpersonal skills
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Appropriate degree and teaching qualification e.g. Bachelor’s Degree with teaching qualification, PGCE/Diploma in Education OR relevant degree.
- Minimum 3 years teaching experience required preferably in an international school context covering International Primary Curriculum.
- Must be able to teach computing.
- Creative, inspiring, patient, resourceful and energetic.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Highly responsible, dedicated, hardworking and a team-player.
- Reflective individual who is committed to life-long learning and development.
- Experience teaching students with English as an additional language.
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
- Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
- Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
- Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
- Agile. Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
- Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
- Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
- Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.