Tenby Schools Penang
Date Added: Nov 10, 2023
Description of School
We are one of the biggest school groups in South East Asia with over 5000 students attending Tenby schools every day across Malaysia. We are part of the International Schools Partnership (ISP), a leading International Education company based in London with 76 schools across the world. We are part of a worldwide family with sister schools in Spain, UK, Mexico, Costa Rica, USA, Canada, Dubai and the UAE.
We have a proven track record of staff development and good quality teaching and learning. We are unique because we have a Private Malaysian school and an International School on the same campus and we are truly integrated.
Tenby Penang is one of the leading schools on the island of Penang. Find out more on our website (www.tenby.edu.my/penang) and our social media sites.
We also offer:
ISP Malaysia - [Tenby School Penang]
[Teaching Assistant (International School)]
Purpose of Role
We are looking for suitably qualified, inspirational and experienced Teaching Assistant to join our forward thinking and dynamic teaching team that provides quality teaching and learning for our students – commencing January 2024.
The ideal candidate is one who is resourceful and innovative in assisting Primary classes. You will be good at working and inspiring your colleagues, our students, and their parents and will also be supported by strong leadership and systems.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Key Responsibilities
To assist the class teacher by working with the children so that they can fulfill their social, personal and academic goals.
To assist the teacher by being aware of what the class teacher has planned for the day and the routines that they have has set up.
To be observant enough to pick out any child who may need help and to check with the class teacher on measures to be taken to help him/her
To help in the preparation of resources and to display children’s work.
To attend all the staff briefings and be ready to attend staff training and professional development conducted in school.
Teaching assistant must be ready to take on supervisory duties outside the classroom when asked by the Principal/Head of School/Deputies
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
1. Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
2. Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
3. Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
4. Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
5. Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
6. Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
7. Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
8. Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
9. Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
1. Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
1. Agile. Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
1. Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
1. Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
1. Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.