Tenby Schools Setia Eco Park
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date Added: Nov 10, 2023
A Great Leadership Opportunity Awaits You in Malaysia
Tenby Schools Setia Eco Park, Kuala Lumpur campus is a large 3-18 school located on a green 20-acre site with excellent facilities and offers a welcoming, inclusive, and stimulating place to work. We love learning and we are continually getting better. We are extremely proud to be the flagship school in the region.
We are looking for an experienced KS1 Year Leader and Classroom Teacher to join our 5-form entry International Primary school and lead one of our classes to the next level of learning. You will need to be passionate about learning and passionate about developing as a teacher. You will have at least 2 years experience as a class teacher in Primary. Please indicate clearly in your application which year groups you have taught in and for how long. You must be good at working with and, inspiring your colleagues, our students, and their parents.
We care about our whole community, young people and adults. Our priority is the safety and wellbeing of our community and to this end, we have rigorous safeguarding policies and procedures that we all must follow. Everyone is responsible for safeguarding our children and we have a culture of safeguarding training in all our schools.
We are a unique campus, home to Tenby International School, which consists of a Primary, and Secondary School (IPC, National Curriculum for England, CIE, IGCSE, and A Level) and a Malaysian Private School, Sekolah Sri Tenby (Malaysian National Curriculum). The campus welcomes almost 2000 amazing students, aged from 3 to 18 years, and from 38 nationalities; we have over 500 pupils in primary school. Our students go to universities, colleges, and careers of their choice including some of the top universities in the world. We celebrate being Asian and combine this with international thinking to create a diverse and exciting campus.
We believe in creating “Amazing Learning Experiences” for our communities. Working collaboratively to help children be ready for the world and the contribution they can make locally and globally.
We believe that all students learn through good struggles and this at times needs to be consolidated using a variety of teaching methods. Taking risks, being resilient, and showing creativity and adaptability for all our communities are important in our learning process. Our students go onto some of the top universities in the world and if they don’t, go into careers and colleges of their choice.
Learning is at the heart of everything we do here at Tenby. We are an honest campus and aim to be self-reflective so we can improve together to create “Amazing Learning Experiences” for everyone. We encourage our students to take risks, be resilient, and show creativity and adaptability in the learning process.
We are a member of the prestigious Federation of British International Schools in Asia (FOBISIA), hold certificates for IPC, Microsoft and Duke of Edinburgh's Award and are one of only 15 schools in Malaysia to hold the Green Flag Award.
About our Group
Tenby Schools SEP is proud to be part of the International Schools Partnership (ISP) a fast-growing global schools group in six clusters across the world; Europe, Mexico & Central America, the Middle East, South America, Southeast Asia, and the USA. Our Regional cluster includes other Tenby schools across Malaysia. Our teachers are supported by the school leadership teams and other learning clusters and networks both regionally and globally. We love to talk about learning at all levels, as this is at the core of everything we do!
This is an amazing opportunity for you to develop yourself, take a risk or two, meet other like-minded leaders, share learning practices and work collectively with a local and global team. We even have a global learning hub where you can share learning and leadership ideas so we can get better together.
So if this excites you, please apply. We’d love to talk to you.
We are looking for someone who:
• Puts children at the heart of everything they do.
• Is an outstanding Primary practitioner with a teaching qualification (minimum PGCE or equivalent).
• Has experience of planning and teaching for the UK curriculum (including phonics if your experience is in Key Stage 1).
• Models a positive and learning-focused environment in their own classroom.
• Has at least 2 years of experience in delivering high-quality teaching and learning for all pupils.
• Is an inspiring teacher with a proven track record in making students better.
• Is able to prioritise and delegate effectively.
• Is a strong communicator, who is personable, caring, and passionate with high expectations of themselves and others.
• Is committed to getting better through continued professional development and excited about working with others to get better too!
• Can build a positive relationship with staff, students and parents.
In return we offer:
• A culture of trust, where all contributions are recognised and respected.
• Passionate, positive, highly skilled, and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of every decision.
• Allocated support through our Leadership Teams to support you in developing an exceptional learning school.
• An embedded whole trust commitment to professional development and a commitment to serving others.
• A peer network of like-minded leaders.
• A real commitment to work-life balance – we remember we are human beings first and educators second!
• Great employee benefits.
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
• Medical coverage
• Relocation allowance
• Fee reduction for children of employees
• Medical insurance
• Flight at the beginning and end of the contract and annually on the subsequent contracts
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years employment history.
Initial interviews will be completed through Microsoft Teams. Final interviews may be carried out face-to-face whenever possible.
HOW TO APPLY
The closing date is 5th January 2024 but interested candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as interviews may be arranged before the deadline.
Candidates are invited to apply via Jobvite and attach a comprehensive CV with a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees from the latest employers (one of whom must be your current Head of School).
We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and add tenby.edu.my to your safe senders list. Only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)