The Hamilton International School
Date Added: Nov 29, 2023
ISP School Events Social Media Officer Role Profile
Purpose of Role
The School Events social media Officer will maximize opportunities for admissions and build retention while connecting parents and students with information, resources and people. They will be responsible for the mapping and measurement of our customer experiences at all touch points, support ISP’s brand promise and encourage parent endorsement. The Events & Communications Officer will be the link between the school and ISP Admissions & Marketing Teams. Together with the admissions team, they will assist new parents in the admissions process and conduct digital marketing activities of the school.
The Events and Communications Officer will form strong relationships with the following stakeholders:
• Heads of School
• Finance & Administration Manager
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP School Events Social Media Officer Key Responsibilities
• Organise & promote school open days, school tours and school events for prospective parents and visitors
• Organise & promote parent open forums and information sessions in collaboration with the SLT and faculty staff
• Attend external events, exhibitions and fairs to promote the school along with the School Admissions team
• Be present at all key school events and provide hands on support as required
• Work alongside the ISP Marketing Team to organise promotional gifts as required
• Act as the school’s social media expert and work with ISP and School Admissions Manager to set the social media strategy and targets
• Identify stories from within the school and create content to promote across the range of media
• Create engaging content (text, image and video) to be posted on Social Media platforms in order to promote school stories, promises and narratives
• Develop an optimal posting calendar, considering marketing strategy, web traffic and customer engagement metrics
• Work on Website, Analytics and SEO to coordinate on content, measurement, and reporting strategies
• Identify influencers and work with them to increase engagement with our parents across social media
• Undertake a systematic review of the school website, social media pages and landing pages
• Monitor and measure the results of communications and social media activities and report on progress
• Take a proactive approach in identifying ways to improve the school site and landing pages
School Communications & Brand Management
• Deliver a weekly comprehensive school newsletter. Competent user of Abobe Indesign and Photoshop required.
• Assist in drafting high-quality communications along with the Principal, SLT and faculty staff
• Maintain stocks of school marketing collateral and order accordingly
• Maintain a comprehensive high res image library
• Assist ISP Marketing Team in sourcing photographs and design for marketing collateral
• Work with staff to ensure that branding is used correctly and consistently in accordance with the ISP branding guidelines
• Communication across the school is consistent and of a high quality
• Explore opportunities to improve media coverage in conjunction with ISP
Community and Business Relations
• Identify and source opportunities for partnerships in the local community with corporates and nurseries
• Foster and maintain strong parent relationships
• Act as a school representative on the Parent Team and attend meetings with corporates and nurseries • Identify new ways to attract prospective customers, like promotions and competitions
• Assist in competitor analysis
• Undertake regular reviews of online school directories
• Provide support to the School Admissions team as and when required
• Work alongside School Admissions to maintain strong parent relationships
• Deputise for the Admissions Manager during sickness and vacation periods as required
• In collaboration with Admissions Manager report to the ISP Regional Office on school marketing activities
Measures of Performance
· Targets will be set for maximum conversion through the admissions funnel, being proactive in growing the number of enrolments in the school and managing engagement events in school
· KPIs are based on the number of enrolments in the school
Health and Safety
· Emphasizes the importance of safety in all areas of the curriculum, communicating to the pupils the importance of a responsible attitude towards personal safety, the safety of others and respect for The Hamilton International School’s property and equipment
· Perform playground duties on time and with due diligence to safeguard Hamilton students
Qualifications and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Administration from any recognized University
· Minimum 4 years of working experience in Qatar
· School experience in similar role is an advantage
· Experience working in sales/projects
· Knowledge of Hubspot and Google analytics
· English is mandatory
· Arabic is an advantage
Required Skills and Knowledge
· Ability to sell our school to families who have expressed an interest
· Be warm and personable
· Highly detail-oriented and organized
· Knowledge of the regulations, policies and procedures related to the assigned activities
· Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
· Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
· Good interpersonal skills, using tact, having patience, and showing courtesy to all stakeholders
· Motivation to work with people, a positive attitude, and a friendly personality
· Being a calm and empathetic person, with an understanding of young people
· Excellent command for MS office
· Ability to maintain accurate records
· Records, Reports and Correspondence by use of spreadsheets and databases
· Computer literate
· Customer Service skills, and interpersonal skills.
· Strong sense of professionalism
· Safeguarding and welfare of children
· Excellent communication skills and command of the English language, in spoken and written form
· A collaborative team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
· Behavior management
· Compliance with the school's Vision, Mission and Policies
· Positive Professional Relationship with all staff members are maintained.
· Contact with students is on a strictly professional basis with the physical and emotional safety of students being of paramount importance.
· The hours of work as arranged with the principal are strictly followed.
· This position entails working with information, much of which is held in confidence. Under no circumstances is this confidentiality to be compromised.
· Empathetic listener
· Integrity and confidentiality
· Internationally minded
· Emotional intelligence
· Intercultural awareness, creative
· Flexible and a can-do attitude
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified. Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work that is not specified in this job description. Employees are expected to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers.
The school will endeavor to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition. This job description is current at the date shown, but, in consultation with you, may be changed by the Principal to reflect or anticipate changes in the job commensurate with the grade and job title.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.