This job posting is no longer active.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Date Added: Dec 15, 2023
Star International School Mirdif, is a rapidly growing British curriculum school in Dubai. We are an ambitious school that aspires to be the very best version of ourselves, and for those who join us, we would help them do the same.
We seek individuals who want to make a difference in the world, seeing themselves as lifelong learners, committed to putting children at the heart of everything they do. We want educators who align closely with our vision, mission and values. If you feel you can champion these, then we look forward to your application to join the Star Mirdif family for August 2024.
· Vision: To grow the future leaders and global citizens of tomorrow, who will Go Beyond and change our world for the better.
· Mission: Through amazing learning opportunities and personalised pathways, our educators and students Go Beyond to ensure every member of our Star Family achieves their personal best both inside and beyond the classroom
· Values: Self-belief, teamwork, adventure, respect
Star International School Mirdif is a community school that is rooted in kindness and amazing learning. We offer our pupils:
· Centre of research informed T&L
· Ed-Tech best practice with AI powered T&L
· Awe & Wonder offering beyond the National curriculum
· STEAM+ curriculum focusing on global and cosmic problems
· Safe with incredible learning behaviours
· EYFS-Post-16 (GCSE/A-Level/BTEC) British curriculum school in the heart of Mirdif Dubai
Star International School Mirdif is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
The role – Job description
Primary focused role with a Design and Technology, computing or science background and advantage. Open to secondary trained teachers also if willing to adapt to primary age groups.
An exciting opportunity to join Star Midriff's cutting edge STEAM+ curriculum. You will be provided with a purpose build makerspace containing robotics, 3D printing technology, VR and AR and dedicated CPD to support you in integrating across the curriculum. Star Mirdif has embedded STEAM+ from Year 3 - Year 9 with a focus on the UN SDGs and solving global and cosmic problems.
If you are someone who tinkers with technology, and has a passion for making this is the role for you. be a part of an assessment free, exploratory curriculum that bring the Go Beyond to our school community. There is a reason our students regard their weekly STEAM+ lessons as one of their favourite each week. This is a unique and exciting opportunity.
Your specialism could be in DT, Computing or Science and beyond this if you can demonstrate how you will enhance our curriculum. What is important is the ambition you have to try new things and be passionate about finding authentic connections between subject areas and working with a talented and driven STEAM+ team.
School visits or conversations about this position are welcomed given its unique nature.
· Represent areas of knowledge, understanding and skills to students
· Lead by example in the highest regard for truth, justice, equality of opportunity, human rights, benevolence and compassion
· Engage and motivate students to achieve at levels that are beyond their expectations and previous limits
· Use excellent subject knowledge, pedagogic and interpersonal skills to enthuse students and enable students to experience amazing learning
· Make full use of ICT and the new technologies to enhance the quality of teaching and learning for students of all ages and attainment levels
· Plan lessons taking full account of students’ individual learning needs, as well as their individual learning styles, preferences and capabilities
· Encourage and enable all students to become effective, confident and independent life-long learners
· Maintain excellent professional relationships with colleagues by making a wider professional contribution to the continuing improvement of the school
· Plan and deliver a programme of learning opportunities and activities to enrich and enhance the taught curriculum
· Cooperate with colleagues to establish and maintain fair and consistent disciplinary practices in the classroom, around the school and on school trips, and taking active measures to protect students from all forms of abuse, including racist or sexist abuse, bullying, and any kind of corporal punishment
· Communicate open and professionally with parents on a regular basis about the attainment and progress of their child
· Model good practice of academic practices
· Contribute actively to department discussions in academic meetings
· Contribute to and plan after-school activities as required
· Actively support the school partnership with the community e.g. attending school / community events which may occasionally occur at weekends or in the evening i.e. school concerts etc.
· Contribute to the development and provision of the highest quality of education at Star International School Mirdif
· Make sure that young people of all abilities and backgrounds fulfil their potential
· Promote a positive ethos across the school based on the school vision/values and a commitment to ensuring the wellbeing of students, staff, and the wider school community
· Other responsibilities as reasonably requested
· Plan and prepare schemes of work and complete planning documentation
· Teach with consistent effectiveness the students in her/his classes, taking full account of all students’ individual educational needs
· Set and mark work to be carried out by the students in school, online, at home and elsewhere as appropriate
· Promote the intellectual, moral, spiritual, cultural, physical and personal abilities and aptitudes of the students in her/his classes and provide guidance and advice to students on educational and relevant social and other matters
· Make records of and reports on the personal and social needs of students
· Take part as appropriate in whole school development and share and promote best practice
· At Star Mirdif we are Research informed and Well Being Aware
· We believe in strategies which have the most impact being utilised in the classroom
· We actively seek resources, methods and systems which can support workload and have equal if not more impact on student outcomes
· Assessment, recording and reporting
· Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of the students in her/his classes
· Provide or contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students or groups of students
· Guide students to set targets to improve on their previous ‘best’ and give regular feedback to students to support next steps in learning
Continuing Professional Development
· Keep under review her/his methods of teaching and programmes of work
· Be proactive and take accountability for own development
· Participate in arrangements for her/his further training and professional development as a teacher
· Advise and co-operate with the principal and other colleagues on the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching schemes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements
· Take responsibility for specific subjects
· To embed UAE heritage and culture within the curriculum
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Education: Relevant teaching qualification: minimum of a BEd or BA/BSc + PGCE/QTS
· 2 years of teaching experience in a British school either internationally or in the UK
· Excellent working knowledge of the national curriculum for England and the latest UK practice
· Excellent IT skills, communication skills, and command of the English language, in spoken and written form
· A collaborative team-player with excellent personal skills.
· Classroom and behavior management
· Collaborative team player, empathetic listener
· Integrity and confidentiality
· Internationally minded
· Emotional intelligence
· Intercultural awareness, creative
· Online and classroom teaching experience
· Flexible and a can-do attitude
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified. Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description. Employees are expected to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers.
How to apply: Please apply by including:
1. A CV no more than 2 pages long that gives employment dates and current and previous employer references.
2. A letter of application addressed to the principal no more than a single page outlining why you are an excellent candidate for the role
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted early January with school reserving the right to hire early if the right candidate is found. Early applications are welcomed. Candidates based in the UK and UAE will be interviewed face to face from January onwards with pre or post interview stages taking place virtually. International candidates outside of the UK and UAE will be interviewed virtually.
Please visit our website & social media to get a flavour of our school. School visits are welcomed, kindly email [email protected] to arrange a tour of the school should you wish to look around. Those looking to tour must be suitably qualified for the positions advertised so ensure a CV is also sent across.
About the International Schools Partnership
The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues in financially responsible schools around the world, all of which aim to be the school of choice in their local area. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our students, colleagues and parents. We are committed to getting better, all the time.
We are here to help our schools. We want them to get better. The best people to run our schools are the people in our schools. We call our way of working the ISP Framework. Our main role is as a critical friend and advisor to our schools.
ISP was founded by an experienced team of committed educationalists and commercial operators who have worked together over many years. Our growing group of private schools located in the USA, Canada, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, the UK, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Malaysia, Mexico and Peru educate children and students from 2–18 years of age. We have now expanded to 79 schools delivering multiple curricula and building on local brands and reputations with over 50,000 students and 7,000 staff located across the globe.
We believe that successful schools are the ones that put learning at the heart of everything they do, always aiming to create rounded individuals that are able to forge successful careers and lives in a rapidly changing world. Our goal is to enable our schools to be the leading school of choice in their local area. We are a truly international group working in different cultures and speaking different languages. We work across countries and cultures, too, by working with each other and with other schools and communities.
At ISP we continue to engage with schools around the world that are interested in becoming part of our global group of schools and look forward to welcoming more students and staff to the group.
· Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
· Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
· Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
· Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.