Hiring Economics Teacher for high school having formal teaching experience at school. Teach & guide students in a wide range of economics topics as required by Cambridge IGCSE programs for grades 9 to 12.
Manthan and ISP Principles
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding and Health & Safety issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Are financially responsible. We make financial choices carefully based on the needs of the children, students and our schools.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
Economics Teacher Key Responsibilities
Actively teach students, create lesson plans, assign and correct tests, assignments & homework, manage students in the classroom, communicate with parents, help students prepare for standardized testing, Attend weekly staff meetings, work with individual students to motivate their abilities and support them to overcome their challenges.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Should have master in Economics with very good conceptual and working knowledge
- Must have 3 to 8 years of teaching experience in the IGCSE/IBDP program
- Should have good communication skills to teach
- Should be abreast of developments in the field by reading current trends in the field of Economics and participating in professional conferences/training
- Has passion for teaching and guiding students to learn
- Willing to learn and to participate in the school community
- Bachelor’s degree in education to teach CBSE curriculum
- Willing to put in the effort as required by the school /university guidelines
- Ability to engage the class and create a learning environment
Manthan and ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
Manthan and ISP Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
ISP is committed to strengthening our inclusive culture by identifying, hiring, developing, and retaining high-performing teammates regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation and gender expression, age, disability status, neurodivergence, socio-economic background or other demographic characteristics. Candidates who share our vision and principles and are interested in contributing to the success of ISP through this role are strongly encouraged to apply.