ISP CEO Office (Strategy Manager) Role Profile
Purpose of Role
ISP is one of the fastest growing and largest school groups around the world, with more than 80 schools present in more than 20 countries. We are looking for a talented individual to join the CEO Office and be part of our exciting mission to deliver a transformative education to our students, giving them the best life opportunities and contributing to a better word.
The CEO office’s mission is to support the Group CEO in the Group Strategy and reporting to the Board, and any high-priority special project. This position will report to the Head of CEO Office. This is a rare opportunity to see every aspect of a fast-growing company at the CEO and ExCo levels.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding and Health & Safety issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Are financially responsible. We make financial choices carefully based on the needs of the children, students and our schools.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP CEO Office (Strategy Manager) Key Responsibilities
- Develop, update, contribute, or review high-impact strategy presentations for internal (e.g. ExCo, Senior Managing Team, etc.) or external purposes (e.g. Board, schools’ vendors, etc.) to ensure the successful execution of our mission and vision.
- Highly involved in the preparation and review of the Board pack, supporting Senior leaders with clear process and timeline, acting as a sounding Board to them, and supporting them to improve the papers.
- (Proactively) Lead ad-hoc strategic analyses to provide insights, inform decision-making, and identify market opportunities.
- Monitor sector trends and changes, and potential risks.
- Ensures timely completion, seamless coordination, and high-quality and reliable deliverables for all Board-related presentations.
- Collaborate and communicate seamlessly with senior leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Support the CEO Office team in tracking the progress on the strategic initiatives (e.g. EdTech, ESG), including review of cross-functional KPI dashboard, and coordinate reporting to Group CEO and rest of the Board.
- Support the Head of CEO Office in coordinating the update of the M&A pipeline progress with Investment & Partnership and M&A teams, ensuring the Group CEO and the Board have up-to-date information.
- Support in leading the planning and execution of high-level meetings, and strategy sessions.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- > 5-6 years of experience in a leading strategy consulting firm + at least 2 years of experience in corporate or scale-up following that (Strategy Department or Chief of Staff).
- Proven organisational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work in autonomy and adjust to changes. You are pro-active and strive for excellence.
- Experience in market review, setting/reviewing Strategic Plans, high-level finance modelling.
- Proven track record in strategy planning, project management / group coordination, working and communicating with Senior Executives (e.g. ExCo).
- Ability to synthesize messages for top management. You display and expect clarity in ideas, plans and actions.
- Strong interest in the education sector, and strong desire to learn and make a positive impact.
- Detail-oriented, collaborative, and team player.
- Excellent English communication skill. Oral communication and written reports will be in English.
- High level of discretion and professionalism in dealing with confidential information.
- Preferably based in Madrid but will principally work from home.
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
ISP Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
ISP is committed to strengthening our inclusive culture by identifying, hiring, developing, and retaining high-performing teammates regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation and gender expression, age, disability status, neurodivergence, socio-economic background or other demographic characteristics. Candidates who share our vision and principles and are interested in contributing to the success of ISP through this role are strongly encouraged to apply.