Star International School Al Twar and Al Qusais are looking for HR officers to join their rapidly growing team, for an immediate start.
For all staff in school, we share a responsibility to ensure that children are safe and properly supervised at all times. Our school is committed to ‘amazing learning’- providing enjoyable and meaningful learning experiences so that every pupil makes as much progress as possible. Our focus is providing children with amazing learning and to be the school of choice for the community we serve. Star International School Al Twar is a co-educational international British school in Al Twar (FS and Primary) and Al Qusais (Secondary), Dubai, delivering the National Curriculum for England, which is student-centred and challenges students to excel academically, emotionally and socially. We also benefit from being part of a growing number of schools worldwide, owned and operated by the International Schools Partnership.
Star International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
Key qualities and skills:
- To be friendly, approachable, professional, discreet and knowledgeable, able to work independently and as part of a team
- To be able to speak clearly, concisely and effectively; listen to, and understand, information and ideas as presented verbally and in writing
- To plan, organise and prioritise time and workload in order to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines
- To provide a professional organised HR service to all members of staff ensuring their needs are met alongside those of the relevant regulatory bodies
- To take an active role in the day to day running of our busy school and support our vision of being the school of choice for the community.
Key duties include:
- To ensure that the Single Central Register & HR dashboard is fully updated and accurate with all relevant information
- To support the school in the recruitment and induction of staff
- To support the HR Manager in all HR operational processes
- To ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements (KHDA & MOE, etc)
- To ensure all staff have appropriate Health insurance and receive their annual / bi-annual benefits as per their contracts
- To ensure all staff have the relevant documentation and approvals and to ensure that no staff or contractors working alongside children are allowed in school until they have three good references, safeguarding training, ten-year police checks and confirmation of qualifications and identity.
- To liaise with new joining staff and ensure that their documentation is completed prior to joining, KHDA approvals and visas/work permits are in place prior to joining
- To liaise with various teams to ensure that new joiner items are ready and in place before they join
- To ensure a smooth exit is achieved by those leaving by following the exit formalities and following up on payment of their end of service dues. Issuing them with an experience letter
- To maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records
- To keep up to date with best practise and legislation
- To liaise with the PRO to ensure documentation required for governance is in order
- To assist with organizing in house or off-site activities for all staff
- To maintain a visible, professional and high profile within the school
- To maintain staff records on the Cezanne database and ensure staff are aware how to use it.
- To co-ordinate booking of CPD for staff in line with school priorities and compliance documentation
- To submit for approval, the monthly attendance report for payroll purposes
- To log staff attendance and inform the HR Manager of patterns of staff attendance
- To support the day to day running of the school for example- reception duty, meeting guests etc
- To carry out other tasks as necessary to ensure the happy and smooth running of the school
In addition, all staff are required to carry out any tasks required by the school or the regional office to facilitate the smooth day to day running of the school
To be line managed by the school HR manager
Hours of work- 7.15 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Thursday, and up to 12:00noon on Friday’s, plus occasional evening and weekend work
Holidays- 45 calendar days per academic year
About the International Schools Partnership
The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues in financially responsible schools around the world, all of which aim to be the school of choice in their local area. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our students, colleagues and parents. We are committed to getting better, all the time.
We are here to help our schools. We want them to get better. The best people to run our schools are the people in our schools. We call our way of working the ISP Framework. Our main role is as a critical friend and advisor to our schools.
ISP was founded by an experienced team of committed educationalists and commercial operators who have worked together over many years. Our growing group of private schools located in the USA, Canada, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, the UK, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Malaysia, Mexico and Peru educate children and students from 2–18 years of age. We have now expanded to 79 schools delivering multiple curricula and building on local brands and reputations with over 50,000 students and 7,000 staff located across the globe.
We believe that successful schools are the ones that put learning at the heart of everything they do, always aiming to create rounded individuals that are able to forge successful careers and lives in a rapidly changing world. Our goal is to enable our schools to be the leading school of choice in their local area. We are a truly international group working in different cultures and speaking different languages. We work across countries and cultures, too, by working with each other and with other schools and communities.
At ISP we continue to engage with schools around the world that are interested in becoming part of our global group of schools and look forward to welcoming more students and staff to the group.
- Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
- Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
- Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
- Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.