A Great Opportunity in Malaysia Awaits You
We are looking for an Admission Executive to join Tenby International Schools, Setia Eco Park.
Tenby Schools Setia Eco Park, Kuala Lumpur campus is a large 3-18 school located on a green 20-acre site with excellent facilities and offers a welcoming, inclusive, and stimulating place to work. We love learning and we are continually getting better. We are extremely proud to be the flagship school in the region.
We are a unique campus, home to Tenby International School, which consists of a Primary, and Secondary School (IPC, National Curriculum for England, CIE, IGCSE and A Level) and a Malaysian Private School, Sekolah Sri Tenby (Malaysian National Curriculum). The campus welcomes over 2000 amazing students, aged from 3 to 18 years and from 38 nationalities; with 1350 attending the international school, 600 of whom will be in the primary school. We celebrate being Asian and love the fact that we combine international thinking to create a diverse and exciting campus.
We believe in creating “Amazing Learning Experiences” for our communities. Working collaboratively to help children be ready for the world and the contribution they can make locally and globally.
We believe that all students learn though good struggles and this at times needs to be consolidated using a variety of teaching methods. Taking risks, being resilient and showing creativity and adaptability for all our communities is important in our learning process. Our students go onto some of the top universities in the world and if they don’t, go into careers and colleges of their choice.
We are an honest campus and enjoy being self-reflective, so we can self-improve together to create amazing learning experiences more often than not. We are not perfect but strive to be the best we can.
We have lots of accreditation's just to show the world that we know what we are doing, including being the first school globally to gain full accreditation by the Council of International Schools (CIS), for both TIS and SST schools. We hold the certificates for CIE, IPC, Microsoft, Duke of Edinburgh's Awards and are one of 15 schools in Malaysia to hold the Green Flag Award.
About our Group
Tenby Schools SEP is proud to be part of International Schools Partnership (ISP) a fast-growing global schools’ group in six clusters across the world; Europe, Mexico & Central America, the Middle East, South America, Southeast Asia and the USA. Our Regional cluster includes other Tenby schools across Malaysia. As a admission Executive you will be supported by the Head of Department, Senior Leadership teams and other learning clusters and networks both regionally and globally. We love to talk about learning at all levels, as this is at the core of everything we do!
This is amazing opportunity for you to develop yourself, take a risk or two, meet other like-minded teachers, share learning practice and work collectively with a local and global team. We even have a global learning hub where you can share learning and leadership ideas so we can get better together.
So if this excites you, please apply. We’d love to talk to you.
- Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding and Health & Safety issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
- Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
- Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
- Are financially responsible. We make financial choices carefully based on the needs of the children, students and our schools.
- Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
So if this excites you, please apply. We’d love to talk to you.
TENBY Admission Executive Key Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary point of contact for prospective students and their families.
- Develop and maintain relationships with feeder schools, community organisations, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Represent the school at recruitment events, such as educational fairs and community gatherings.
- Provide guidance and support to prospective students and their families throughout the admissions process.
- Conduct meetings with prospective students and their families.
- Give tours of the school to prospective families and answer any questions they may have.
Skills, Qualification and Experience:
- Min Diploma holder in any field.
- At least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Well-versed in communicating in English, Chinese, and Malay. Preferably Mandarin Speaker.
- Experience of having worked within a service delivery sector.
- Multilingual abilities a major advantage, Self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable
- Proficient communicator both oral and written.
- Familiar with all major business software applications and some sales pipeline or CRM software (Microsoft Office, etc).
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Able to manage a high volume of requests from the school side.
- Willing to commit time and energy to continuous improvement.
- Responsible, reliable, trustworthy
- Independent and proactive when faced with challenges.
- Excellent collaborator and team-player
- Good problem-solving skills and Able to manage high to moderate levels of stress.
- Strong communicator, who is personable, caring, and passionate with high expectations of themselves and others. You want to get better!
In return TENBY offers:
- A Culture of trust, where all contributions are recognized and respected.
- A passionate, positive, highly skilled and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of every decision.
- Allocated support through our Campus Senior Leadership Team to support us in developing an exceptional School.
- An embedded whole trust commitment to professional development.
- A peer network of like-minded collogues.
- A real commitment to work-life balance – we remember we are human beings first and educators second!
- Great employee benefits.
TENBY Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
1.Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximize opportunities.
2.Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
3.Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
4.Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
5.Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
6.Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
7.Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
8.Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
9.Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
10.Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
11.Agile. Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
12.Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
13.Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome
14.Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
TENBY Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
Tenby is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures, including an online due diligence search, references and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
TENBY Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Tenby is committed to strengthening our inclusive culture by identifying, hiring, developing, and retaining high-performing teammates regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation and gender expression, age, disability status, neurodivergence, socio-economic background or other demographic characteristics. Candidates who share our vision and principles and are interested in contributing to the success of Tenby through this role are strongly encouraged to apply.
Initial interviews will be completed Face to Face whenever possible.
HOW TO APPLY
The closing date is 15th February 2024 but interested candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as interviews may be arranged before the deadline.
Candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying to Tenby Schools together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school)
We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and add tenby.edu.my to your safe sender's list. Only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)