This job posting is no longer active.
Aspen Heights British School
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Date Added: Jan 6, 2022
Secondary – English (Language and Literature) Teacher, United Arab Emirates
Aspen Heights British School - United Arab Emirates
We are seeking to appoint motivated, highly skilled, enthusiastic and dedicated teachers in our Secondary departments who would work alongside, develop and support our team in our continued pursuit of excellence. Middle Leadership opportunities may be available for appropriate candidates.
Aspen Heights British School located in Abu Dhabi offers a high quality British education with a focus on the community and environment. We offer the National Curriculum for England to students with a personalised approach for children in FS1 – Year 11.
Our impressive facilities include fully equipped science laboratories, studio, ICT suite, astro pitch, 25m pool, multi-sports court and shaded, bespoke playgrounds.
Aspen Heights British School is part of the International Schools Partnership who are a learning- focused and ambitious global schools group.
We invite applications from Teachers who are committed to:
● Nurturing and developing every aspect of a child’s development;
● Making learning meaningful, child centred, enjoyable, and memorable;
● Promoting a real sense of family community through working in partnership with all stakeholders;
Qualifications / Person Specification
● A relevant teaching qualification: minimum of a B.Ed. or BA/BSc + PGCE/QTS for the age group you will be teaching, and for specialist roles, a degree in the subject you teach;
● A minimum of 2 years recent teaching experience is preferred;
● An excellent understanding of English first language, English second language and English literature teaching and learning;
● A proven record of outstanding results at GCSE level
● Excellent communication skills with children, colleagues and families.
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: Remuneration package including a competitive tax-free salary, accommodation or allowance, health insurance, flight allowance and end of contract gratuity.
Contract term: 2-year contract renewable; Remuneration package including a competitive tax-free salary, accommodation or allowance, health insurance, flight allowance and end of contract gratuity.
Please send your full CV, with details of two referees (including email addresses) and a recent photograph along with a letter of application.
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please visit https://ahbs.ae/ for more information about us.
Aspen Heights British school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence.