This job posting is no longer active.
The British School of Malaga
Date Added: Feb 21, 2022
Job Description for a Secondary Teacher
To work as outlined by whole school and subject team policies
● To plan appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated lessons for students studying the subject, in accordance with the aims of the school.
● To promote the growth and development of students through the schools Core Values that enable them to become happy and successful life long learners; Aspiration, Collaboration, Communication, Creativity, Independence, Leadership, Reflection and Resilience.
● To ensure the appropriate differentiation of the curriculum to meet the personalised needs of all learners.
● To promote spoken English in all British Curriculum subjects.
● To ensure that learning has a focus on knowledge, skills and understanding.
● To use appropriate teaching resources, strategies and approaches in accordance with the school policy.
● To develop a stimulating learning environment.
● To regularly reflect and review teaching and learning strategies as part of a department.
● To use the whole school marking policy and any adaptations that the department has established as good practice.
● To use assessment that is consistent and effective across the department and in line with school guidelines.
● To set stimulating and appropriate Home Learning in the subject area and in line with school guidelines.
● To ensure that procedures for monitoring, recording and reflection upon progress, which includes the active participation of students are in line with school policy.
● To ensure that progress reports and final reports are completed in advance of deadline dates.
● To contribute as appropriate to learning to involve cross-curricular themes.
● To promote teaching and learning styles which stimulate learner curiosity, and intrigue and which generate exceptional levels of engagement and independence in learning.
● To promote links with the subject area and learning environments outside the school (e.g. museums, theatres, libraries etc).
● To reflect on examination analysis of (I)GCSE and A level results, where applicable, at the beginning of each academic year.
● To ensure that examination entries are submitted to the Head of Department, where applicable, in advance of the deadline dates.
● To maintain an effective system for recording student progress.
● To contribute to the subject development plan is completed at the beginning of each academic year.
● To establish appropriately high levels of expectation by setting down clear guidelines for establishing excellent standards of behaviour and achievement within all classes, including the careful presentation of learning outcomes and the care of resources and equipment.
● To carry out any other administrative tasks required by the Head of Secondary.
● To ensure effective dialogue with parents in accordance with school policies.
● To work closely with staff in the primary school.
● To liaise with external agencies and employers as necessary.
The duties may be varied to meet the changing demands of the school at the reasonable discretion of the Principal.
This job description does not form part of the contract of employment. It describes the way the post holder is expected and required to perform and complete the duties as set out above.
All successful candidates will be required to:Provide proof of identity
Provide Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering any country they have lived and worked in during the last 10 years.
Provide proof of professional status
Provide actual certificates of qualifications
Provide proof of eligibility to live and work in Spain
The above must be included in the conditional offer letter clearly stating that failure to comply will result in the offer being withdrawn
Secondary Teacher Job Description - 2020