Teacher (Early years, Primary & Secondary)
Mutiara Damansara, Selangor, Malaysia
Date Added: Feb 23, 2022
An Opportunity in Malaysia Awaits You
We are looking for qualified teachers who are native English speakers for our 7 schools across Malaysia. We have opportunities across Early years, primary (elementary), Middle School and high school.
The Role & Expectations
- To uphold the School’s Vision, Mission and Core Values.
- To lead, plan and teach as generalist or specialized subject
- To possess excellent knowledge and experience of assessment, data and tracking to inform student progress, including the use of standardised tests.
- To have learning at the core of everything.
- To assist the School with developing greater ‘impact on learning’ practices.
- To assist the School with raising the profile of subject and develop cross-curricular links.
- To have sound knowledge and practice of the National Curriculum for England, curriculum development and current educational thinking.
- To contribute to the wider School Community
- Inspire colleagues, students and their parents
- Lead the department in a professional manner at all times
- Organise and participate in school events, outings and activities
- Actively contribute to community cohesion and harmony
- Adherence to good practice for safeguarding the welfare of children
- To be able to manage a budget effectively.
- To be an excellent practitioner and be willing to learn.
- To possess growth mindset and embrace change.
- To be able to lead.
- To be a self-starter.
- To be a team player
In return we offer:
- A culture of trust, where all contributions are recognised and respected
- A passionate and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of every decision.
- An embedded whole campus commitment to professional development and a commitment to serving others.
- A peer network of like-minded teachers and other adults.
- A real commitment to work-life balance
- Possess a Degree in English or equivalent with PGCE/Qualified Teacher Status
- Minimum 3.5years’ teaching IGCSE subjects
- Excellent command of oral and written English
- Highly motivated, takes initiatives, energetic, disciplined and responsible
- Passionate about teaching and learning with a genuine desire to work with peers and students
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively with groups
- Demonstrable ability to develop a sense of community and generate trust
- Strong understanding of good practice for safeguarding the welfare of children
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
- Fee reduction for children of employees
- Medical insurance
- Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract