Purpose of Role
We are looking for an exceptional HR professional with a focus on recruiting to work at Bellevue Children’s Academy located in Seattle, WA. Under the direction of the Head of School, the HR Generalist/Recruiter will support the overall operations of the Human Resources in a wide range of HR generalist functions; with a heavy emphasis on recruiting. The HR Generalist/Recruiter partners with the school leadership team and the Regional HR team to facilitate the delivery of HR services. This individual ensures the school's current HR requirements are met and the HR strategy is implemented effectively. The HR Generalist/Recruiter also serves as the first point-of-contact for employees and answers questions regarding HR policies and procedures. This individual thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment and takes an active role in promoting a positive culture of positive engagement and school connectedness for all employees to support the school’s aim of being the school and employer of choice.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Well-being and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
- Lead the full recruitment cycle process from identifying vacancies, reviewing staffing structure, placing job ads, ensuring budgets are available, creating job descriptions, scheduling interviews, screening candidates, and creating job offers and contracts.
- Review job details and prepare postings; in coordination with hiring manager determine recruitment strategy including pre-screening questions, and where advertising would occur to provide a diverse applicant pool.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process.
- Provide consultation and training to hiring managers regarding recruitment and selection processes as well as interviewing.
- Assist managers and departments to prepare job descriptions, post jobs on the schools’ website and external job boards, perform background checks and new hire orientation.
HR Generalist (40%)
- Organize and implement onboarding of all new employees, such as new employee orientation, explanation of benefits, explanation of school’s policies, practices, and procedures.
- Perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, reconciling invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Handle all administrative tasks and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
- Maintain, in accordance with school, state, and federal standards, personnel files of current and past regular faculty members.
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies.
- Facilitate scheduled performance review process, providing guidance, tools, and training for managers and employees.
- Implement succession planning and key talent review/performance management meetings and processes across the school with guidance from the ISP US Regional office. Coordinate succession planning with ISP-US team key stakeholders and the school leadership team.
- Work in partnership with key stakeholders within the ISP-US team and school leadership teams, including other school HR managers, to implement a combination of core learning and development activities targeted at various levels of the organization and aligned to business and individual needs.
- Implement a consistent human resources strategy with direction from ISP regional office across the school with accountability for talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safeguarding, succession planning, employee relations and retention, regional regulations, ISP compliance.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the Human Resources function.
- Minimum of 3 years of recent and relevant experience in recruiting. (Experience of working in HR in a school is a plus)
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills with employees and all levels of management; able to create a working environment of open communication and trust.
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- An understanding of and commitment to the ethos of the education industry.
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximize opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback, supporting others in their continual learning, development, and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome-Driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
ISP U.S. participates in E-Verify and will provide the Federal Government with your form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.