This job posting is no longer active.
Mutiara Damansara, Selangor, Malaysia
Date Added: Apr 13, 2022
Position: Regional Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Department ISP Regional Finance Team – Malaysia
International Schools Partnership Services Ltd (ISP) is a focused, international, fast-growing and financially secure global group of schools. Currently, there are 60 schools in 16 countries with over 7,500 employees, educating over 50,000 students.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
For more information visit http://www.internationalschoolspartnership.com
The Regional FP&A Manager reports to the Finance Director, Malaysia. This position is responsible for all aspects of the region’s FP&A work including developing financial models and analysis to support strategic initiatives, analysing financial data and trends, providing consolidated management and KPI (enrolment & pipeline) reporting for the region.
• Regional Managing Director, Regional Financial Controller, School Principals, School Finance teams, School Marketing & Admission teams, Divisional CEO and CFO, Group Head of FP&A.
· A culture of engagement and trust, where staff contributions are recognised and valued.
· A passionate and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of decision-making.
· An embedded commitment to professional development and employee well-being.
· Access to expertise, best practise sharing and learning opportunities across countries and cultures.
· Flexible work arrangements
· Competitive remuneration
· Fee discount for children of employees
· Medical outpatient benefit and hospitalisation and surgical insurance benefits
· Personal Accident insurance coverage
· Professional Accounting membership fees
Management Reporting and Interpretation
· Produce a robust monthly management reporting pack, with insightful analysis and interpretation of variances, against budget and forecast expectations
· Conduct investigation and business analysis to ensure full understanding of key underlying drivers of performance
· Provide support to identify and evaluate actions to mitigate deviations from targets
· Conduct monthly calls with school, regional and group management on performance, to drive accountability and understanding of performance across the organisation
· Manage and coordinate the annual budget and bi-annually P&L forecasting process for the region, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of the underlying assumptions
· Manage and coordinate the completion of long-term financial models for the region
· Manage and report monthly KPI data for enrolment and headcount
· Work with regional functional heads to ensure that data used to track and monitor performance (eg student pipeline data) is robust, accurate and able to be produced on a timely basis
· Develop a business partnering approach, providing guidance and analysis to the school and regional management, to support the growth of the region
· Conduct review meetings or calls with the school and regional management to drive financial understanding and accountability of business performance
· Provide analysis and support to evaluate strategic, tactical and operational initiatives, to drive sound business decisions
· Assist in the completion of Capex investment papers, providing financial and analytical input
· Conduct regular review of actual expenditure for capital projects versus approved budget spend and highlight deviations
· Evaluate business and financial risks and opportunities and report any possible impact to the delivery of targets
· Assist in the adoption of the ISP core accounting platform, Netsuite and its management reporting tool PBCS, to facilitate efficient and consistent production of timely management information
· Regional champion working with ISP London team on the PBCS reporting tool
· Provide feedback, suggestions and input from the region, to help develop the systems and facilitate efficient and consistent reporting across the region.
· Working closely with the ISP group finance team in London to ensure that acquired schools are integrated into ISP processes and ISP reporting in a timely manner
· A key finance representative for ISP in the region
· Develop a partnering approach to the school team, providing guidance, training and support, to drive understanding and accountability for target delivery
· Ensure that financial planning and analysis capability in the region and schools is continually improved
Regional Procurement Champion
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.