This job posting is no longer active.
ISP Middle East
Date Added: Apr 21, 2022
The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues, in ﬁnancially responsible schools around the world, all of which aim to be the school of choice in their local area. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our students, colleagues, and parents. We are committed to getting better, all the time.
ISP was founded by an experienced team of committed educationalists and operators who have worked together over many years. Our growing group of private schools located in the UK, the USA, Canada, Spain, Italy, Switzerland Costa Rica, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Malaysia, India, Mexico, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru educate children and students from 2–18 years of age. We have now expanded to 56 schools that employ over 8,000 staﬀ and deliver multiple curricula to over 50,000 students located across the globe.
We believe that successful schools are the ones that put learning at the heart of everything they do, always aiming to create rounded individuals that can forge successful careers and lives, in a rapidly changing world. Our goal is to enable our schools to be the leading school of choice in their local area. At ISP we continue to engage with schools around the world that are interested in becoming part of our global group of schools and look forward to welcoming more students and staﬀ to the group.
This position is responsible for the accounting, financial reporting, and financial operations of the school, including the production of monthly financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the school’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with international financial reporting standards.
This role is crucial to the sustained growth of the school, promotion of their position as the ‘school of choice’ in their local area, and the effective delivery of the Amazing Learning message that is at the center of the ISP vision.
In coordination with stakeholders:
• ISP Middle East Regional Team
• School Leadership Team including the School Principal, and other relevant stakeholders in the school and across the regional school network
• Group Finance team
• Third-Party Vendors
Main responsibilities include:
• Integration of the School into the wider ISP network, ensuring policies and procedures are adopted and ISP practices are followed
Reporting, Compliance and Control
• Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly and annual financial information.
• Ensure timely and accurate production of month-end numbers and reporting which include Profit and Loss account, Balance Sheet and Cashflow.
• Main point of contact with external auditors to ensure our audit process is smooth and the annual statutory accounts are signed on a timely basis
• Design internal control systems for all functions in the school to ensure the safeguarding of regional assets and monitor and enforce internal controls.
• Daily cash reporting and monthly bank reconciliations
Comply with government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Maintain the fixed asset register by supervising the recording of all items in the inventory, maintaining pertinent records and ensuring adequate treatment of fixed asset acquisitions and disposals.
• Manage payables, receivables and invoicing functions of the school efficiently.
• Monitor school debtor levels and proactively lead discussions with parents to ensure debt is collected timely.
• Liaise with banks, legal and tax providers as necessary.
• Work closely with HR on people related processes such as payroll, performance evaluations, annual salary increments
Financial Planning and Analysis
• Preparation and submission of the school budget and in year reforecasts
• Variance analysis on any significant deviations from the budget
• Business partner to School Principal to ensure that targets set are challenging but achievable
• Work on mitigation plans for any underperformance
• KPI and performance monitoring to identify any areas for improvement
• Assist the group with gathering data and preparing reports for key personnel as requested.
General Areas of Responsibility
• Management of junior team members, helping them to develop and grow in their roles
• Work with school SLT to ensure that the school is on track to achieve its targets. Monitor progress, raise any concerns and take action as and when required.
• Undertake such other reasonable responsibilities and tasks that may, from time to time, be assigned by the Principal, Regional Managing Director & Finance Director – Middle East and the International Schools Partnership.
• The successful candidate will need to have a minimum 5 year’s accounting and finance operational experience. They will be a self-starter who uses initiative, can manage a varied workload, is deadline driven and has the commitment to seeing a change process through from start to finish.
• Essential skills/experience:
Safeguarding & Safer Recruitment
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years employment history.