Group Financial Systems Accountant
, United Kingdom
Date Added: May 11, 2022
The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues, in ﬁnancially responsible schools around the world, all of which aim to be the school of choice in their local area. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our students, colleagues, and parents. We are committed to getting better, all the time.
ISP was founded by an experienced team of committed educationalists and operators who have worked together over many years. Our growing group of private schools located across the globe educate children and students from 2–18 years of age. We have now expanded to 62 schools that employ over 8,000 staﬀ and deliver multiple curricula to over 50,000 students.
We believe that successful schools are the ones that put learning at the heart of everything they do, always aiming to create rounded individuals that can forge successful careers and lives, in a rapidly changing world. Our goal is to enable our schools to be the leading school of choice in their local area. At ISP we continue to engage with schools around the world that are interested in becoming part of our global group of schools and look forward to welcoming more students and staﬀ to the group.
About the role
The role will be reporting into the Head of Financial Systems and will be working closely with the Group Systems administrator. The role is responsible for supporting the business usage of the ISP Group’s ERP system, NetSuite. Through servicing our finance users, partnering to improve systems capabilities and getting involved with various projects.
- Main ISP point of contact for Group and Regional Finance teams on all matters relating to financial transactions, reporting and consolidations within NetSuite
- Maintain and update the reporting entity structure within the Group systems, to ensure all financial information is captured and consolidated for new acquisitions and their reporting entities
- Work closely with the ISP regions to coordinate all changes required to the NetSuite and Engage systems, as required, to satisfy external and internal reporting requirements
- Manage metadata change process and reviewing changes as actioned by the NetSuite administrator
- Support regional users on general NetSuite issues through ISP helpdesk
- Training new and existing users from basics to more advance functionalities, i.e. Report building.
- Support the testing of new functionalities
- Update training materials when change is required & ensure changes are communicated effectively to user
- Identify areas of improvements, make change recommendations
- Ad-hoc tasks and responsibilities as required by the role
- Lead roll out of new processes and finance related projects
- Lead the finance data migration of newly acquired schools, providing support on form completion process, and importing csv files ensuring smooth integrations
- Support newly acquired schools during month-end, enforcing training and providing hands on support
- Support the completion of legacy NetSuite projects (FAM, vendor & items management)
Regional Partnering, Financial Systems Support
- Review local systems requirement requests, route requirements to correct channels to resolve
- Work with the finance community to help them design, develop and set up new reports, which will help to eliminate as much manual intervention in the production of financial information as possible.
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous experience in NetSuite or other Financial system accountant roles is essential
- Fully qualified accountant or strong part-qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Strong support experience of NetSuite Oneworld
- Experience of managing multiple systems integrations with NetSuite
- Knowledge of PBCS would be advantageous
- Previous database management knowledge would be advantageous
- Self-starter with an inquisitive nature and willing to challenge the status-quo
- Methodical, organised approach. Conscientious attention to detail and task focused
- Used to working in a global matrix organisation
- Good interpersonal skills necessary to deal with all levels of the organisation
- Good written and spoken language skills in English. Spanish would be advantageous.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are therefore subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal.
Background Checks or equivalent covering their previous employment including:
- An enhanced DBS disclosure / police check from country of residence / birth and any country of residence within the last 10 years.
- The receipt of at least two satisfactory references.