ISP Admission Manager Role Profile
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All shortlisted candidates and post holders are subject to appropriate International Criminal and Child Protection Background Checks or equivalent, covering the previous 10 years of employment history. ISP recruit teachers in several ways including direct application to the school and through international teacher recruitment agencies and organizations.
The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of international schools which believes in amazing learning and is committed to getting better all the time.
GROWING LEARNING, GROWING SCHOOLS embodies our journey and is what binds us together. We are developing schools for 2-18 year olds with learning at the heart of each school and helping our children and students learn to levels that amaze them. At the same time, we are listening to our parents and students to broaden the appeal of our schools, with the aim of each one becoming the school of choice in its local area over time. We believe that successful schools are the ones that put learning at the heart of everything they do, always aiming to create rounded individuals that are able to forge successful careers and lives in a rapidly changing world.
We are a truly international group working in different cultures and speaking different languages. We work across countries and cultures, too, by working with each other and with other schools and communities. Our schools are located in the UK, the USA, Canada, Spain, Chile, Costa Rica, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Malaysia and Mexico. We are constantly enhancing our existing group of schools with new ones including those we develop ourselves, and new schools that want to join our partnership.
We put learners and learning first. Learning is affected by both internal factors (such as emotions, motivation and general health and wellbeing) and external factors (such as environment, curriculum and relationships). The external factor that has the most significant impact on our students’ learning is the teacher.
At ISP, everyone is a learner. So as one of our teachers, you are also a learner. Together, we will embark on an ongoing process of exploring, expanding and evolving your practice in ways that directly impact and improve student learning.
Learner (ISP definition)
Everyone at ISP is a learner. The ISP learner recognizes that their mindset, experiences, and actions drive their learning outcomes. With this awareness, they exercise voice, choice, and ownership over their process of learning - leading their learning and the learning of others.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Well-being and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
The purpose of the role of Admissions and Communications Manager is to work to develop links and partnerships with the parent community, businesses, and community contacts in order to support mutual development and growth whilst raising the profile and position of the School within the local community.
Reports to: Principal & Co-Heads of Admissions, ISP Middle East
Communication & Working Relationships
Internal Staff / Students
- Advises prospective families on our value proposition; profile, program, fee structure and all services provided; via telephone or in person and guiding them through the enrolment process
- Provides support for collective students for meeting Reach British School and ADEK admission criteria, ongoing follow up to collect and review all necessary documentation
- Coordinates the assessment of students, as per admissions policy (coherent to ADEK regulations)
- Assesses, develops and coordinates all policies and documentation related to the admission of students (Eg: admission, scholarship) with support of the Admissions Coordinator, and other stakeholders across Reach British School, ISP, ADEK and other relevant authorities
- Inter-department coordination in supporting Admissions, across Marketing, Academics, Finance, Career Services, Student Services, Registrar
- Leads with the organization of Open Events for pupil recruitment purposes
- To organise admissions meetings and open events, guiding families through the admissions process to enrolment while providing state-of-the-art customer service
- Support the Phase Leaders in carrying out assessment of prospective students per the admissions policy and ADEK regulations
- Work in partnership with the Registrar to meet the School and ADEK admissions criteria, including collecting and reviewing all necessary documentation
- Monitor and develop lead generation activities, work with the Head of Marketing and Co-Head of Admissions, ISP to ensure admissions targets are met
- Work with the Principal and SLT to develop appropriate programs and campaigns to fill capacity, such as referral schemes, scholarships, or working with feeder schools
- Regularly reviewing and developing admissions documents, parent communication platforms and templates, and marketing collaterals to ensure accurate information and best practice
- Support the school by creating and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with feeder schools, universities, local businesses, government entities, education agents and other organisations to maximise student recruitment and retention in the school
- Support Principal and the school in establishing mutually beneficial partnerships with external activity providers or academies, to offer more to families and secure additional revenue streams
- Develop the school’s communication and engagement strategy, based on the strengths and development areas, promoting the same within and beyond the school community
- Support the Principal with participation in relevant national and regional conferences, events and competitions to raise the profile of the school, students and faculty
- Work with parent-facing administrative staff closely, to ensure the first impressions of the school are excellent leading to positive visitor experience
- Lead direct reports in the school to pursue excellence in operational efficiency and customer service delivery
- Systems should be reviewed regularly, and written and verbal communication are to be customized to maximize engagement
- Advise on effective continued support and communication to new families after students enrol at the school - ‘after sales care’
- Attendance at Group Admissions & Marketing Meetings
- Explores partnership opportunities with businesses in partnership with the Parent Relation Executive, including attending corporate events with which the School is associated
- Develops personal links with nurseries, feeder schools, universities, education agents, key employers, local estate agents, relocation agents and developers to maximize pupil recruitment opportunities in partnership with the relevant Phase Leaders
- Keeps educational agents up to date with new developments at the School – improvements to facilities, addition of new courses, academic results
- Maintains links with students as they leave the School (Alumni), keeping them involved in the life of the School to support future recruitment and promotion
- Assists with and attending other School functions and events involving current parents and pupils
Strategic Marketing Activities
- To propose industry events and other opportunities to support student recruitment
- To liaise with local and national newspapers, magazines, and appropriate specialist publications for advertising opportunities, including billboards and posters
- Help the school to develop their school stories and promises
- Ensure that learning and demonstrating student progress is at the heart of the school marketing initiatives
- Manage and implement effective campaigns within the school to achieve lead generation targets
- Work with Head of Marketing ISP ME to create and support a clear marketing strategy and budget for the school
- Lead on social media techniques and strategies to engage wider digital audiences
- Oversee and help plan open day, student recruitment and profile-raising advertising within the schools
- Foster a culture of successful marketing campaigns with tracking systems to measure campaigns
- Assist in delivery of internal communication campaigns to support the school with retention strategies
- Ensure accurate reporting of data, effective data management and analysis on which to base marketing decisions and track impact
- Ensure effective budget management of all marketing activities within the School budget
- Supports, in conjunction with the relevant phase leaders and the Parent Relation Executive, production and sharing of regular news articles on school activities, event and pupil achievements across the website and print and digital marketing channels
- Ensures an annual review of every section of the website is carried out by each Head of Department prior to the start of the new academic year
- Works with the Parent Relation Executive to co-ordinate all photography for use across all advertising and marketing media, ensuring permission of parents as appropriate
- Works with the Head of Marketing, ISP to keep all marketing collaterals up to date & implement any brand changes and logo designs
- Ensures existing brand and corporate identity is used consistently throughout the School
- Completes regular KPI and tracking information with the Admissions team at all times and provides reports to ISP as required
- To complete regular KPI and enrolment tracking information with the Admissions team, providing reports to the Principal and ISP as required
- Produce relevant and appropriate reports and KPI funnels for the Principal and SLT
- To manage and direct team in conducting surveys of all stakeholders, assessing satisfaction and advising accordingly, as required
- To manage team in producing termly reports on activity and expenditure to monitor effective use of budget
- To produce reports on competitors including fees, numbers and provisions, identifying opportunities to the Principal and ISP Heads
- Manages the team to include leave management, training and development, recruitment, performance management and disciplinary
Health and Safety:
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Assist in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct
- Ensure that, all the necessary health and safety rules and procedures are being followed
- Maintain an awareness of all the health and safety measures to be taken when in school
Minimum Educational Qualifications Required for the Role
Bachelor’s in relevant discipline
Minimum Years of Experience Required
3 years’ experience working in school admissions or sales
English is mandatory
Arabic is an advantage
Special Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English language, in spoken and written form
- Presentation skills with the ability to present information in a concise and professional manner
- Organization skills: well organized and able to prioritize and multi tasks
- Flexible and work well under pressure
- Customer service
- Critical thinking
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and motivate others
- Willing attitude to be a part of the school team
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Safeguarding and welfare of children
- A collaborative team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Behavior management
- Demonstrated competency to use computer applications related to the role, including word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Record keeping and report preparation methods
- Interpersonal skills including tact, courtesy and patience
- Customer focused
- Willingness to undertake appropriate Professional Development
- Empathetic listener
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Internationally minded
- Emotional intelligence
- Intercultural awareness, creative
- Flexible and a can-do attitude
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified. Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description. Employees are expected to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers
Reach British School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All shortlisted candidates and post holders are subject to appropriate International Criminal and Child Protection Background Checks or equivalent, covering the previous 10 years of employment history. Reach British School recruit teachers in several ways including direct application to the school and through international teacher recruitment agencies and organizations.