Deputy Head of Primary / Deputy Head of
Reports To (title)
Head of Primary Division / Head of Secondary Division
HOS / Principal
Head of Division
The purpose of this role is to provide proactive support to the Head of Primary / Head of Secondary to ensure that the leadership and management of the school division operates at the most effective level possible.
- Embody the values, vision and ethos of Nibras International School and assists the Divisional Head in formulating policies which will ensure high quality and successful outcomes
- Be a positive role model showing leadership and drive transformational change across all teams of staff
- Adhere to the most stringent ethical and professional standards in order to serve as a role model for students, school personnel, and community stakeholders
- Support the development of the school division in becoming the most innovative school provider both locally and internationally
- Support the Divisional Head in leading the key strategic objectives for the school division through formulating and leading on all aspects of the academic program and school improvement plan
- To be fully accountable for all aspects of the work of the school division, providing analytical comment on performance measured against a number of key performance indicators
- Be responsible for strategic curriculum modelling, development and implementation to ensure that the needs of all students are met through digital competency-led approaches and appropriate learning pathways
- Be responsible for the organization and delivery of teaching across the school division ensuring efficient and effective staff deployment and, with the division head, recruitment of well qualified and high quality staff
- Place the school at the cutting edge of research, policy and practice in the transformation of teaching and learning
- Support the inspection preparation and SEF processes
- Lead on school assigned major instructional projects
- Be responsible for the monitoring, evaluation and continuous review of the quality and effectiveness of curriculum delivery across the school, with particular reference to SEN, Gifted and Talented, EAL, Emirati, and other assigned programs
- Support the work of the head of the division across all aspects of school operation
- Assist teachers, students, and parents in the effective creation and implementation of individual education plans and behavior contracts
- Observe and mentor teaching and non-teaching staff
- Ensure that all staff are supported with high quality continuous professional development and training which contributes to the development and achievements of the school division as a genuine learning institution
- Participate in Performance Management arrangements for all staff within the school division
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary trends, developments, theory and methods in the transformation of teaching and learning within the school division
- Promote high academic and personal expectations for all students and staff members
- Administer disciplinary measures as appropriate after evidence-based discipline breaches have been observed and due process followed
- Enforce disciplinary boundaries to maintain a positive and safe school culture
- Oversee and administer school policies regarding student conduct and discipline
- Oversee systems for collecting and tracking data on school progress toward strategic goals
- Liaise with parents and facilitate parent education about school matters
- Facilitate parental involvement in support of school and extracurricular activities
- Give presentations to the community and external stakeholders on school culture, academics and safety
- Be highly present and visible during school hours to monitor school culture
- Attend all staff and committee meetings and those meetings that represent a school-community partnership
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as directed by the head of division and/or HOS/Principal
Health and Safety
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Assist in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct
- Ensure that, all the necessary health and safety rules and procedures are being followed
- Maintain an awareness of all the health and safety measures to be taken when in school
- Cover classes and duties as assigned by the head of the division
Communication & Working Relationships
HOS/Principal, Head of Division, Staff, Students
Knowledge & Skills
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Experience Required for the Role
- 5 years teaching experience
- Teacher certification - Qualified Teacher Status
- Educational Leadership Certification (enrolled or equivalent within next 2 years)
- Experience as an overseas educator in a preferably inclusive international setting
- Strong knowledge, experience and understanding of AERO Common Core curriculum
Special Skills and Abilities
- A leader of teaching and learning and a key person in the senior leadership team
- Knowledge and understanding of the competency-led learning
- Knowledge and understanding of what constitutes high quality educational provision and how to secure it within the school division
- Strong managerial organizational and technology skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strongly able to control language and temper
- Experienced curriculum and team leader
- Collaborative team player, inspirational speaker, empathetic listener with excellent interpersonal skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Internationally minded
- High Emotional intelligence
- Intercultural awareness, creative
- Online and classroom teaching experience
- Flexible, selfless and a can-do attitude
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified.
Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from the head of the division to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
Employees are expected to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers.
Head of the Division:
Human Resources Manager:
HOS / Principal:
The International Schools Partnership
Nibras International School is part of The International Schools Partnership (ISP).
The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues in financially responsible schools around the world, all of which aim to be the school of choice in their local area. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our pupils, colleagues and parents. We are committed to getting better, all the time.
ISP was founded by an experienced team of committed educationalists and commercial operators who have worked together over many years. Our growing group of private schools located in the UK, the USA, Europe, Costa Rica, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Malaysia, Mexico and Peru educate children and pupils from 2-18 years of age. We have now expanded to 50 schools delivering multiple curricula and building on local brands and reputations with around 45,000 pupils and 7,000 staff located across the globe.
We believe that successful schools are the ones that put learning at the heart of everything they do, always aiming to create rounded individuals that are able to forge successful careers and lives in a rapidly changing world. Our goal is to enable our schools as the leading school of choice in their local area. We are a truly international group working in different cultures and speaking different languages. We work across countries and cultures, too, by working with each other and with other schools and communities. At ISP we continue to engage with schools around the world who are interested in becoming part of our global group of schools and look forward to welcoming more pupils and staff to the group.
All our schools:
• Help children and pupils learn to levels that amaze them.
• Inspire children and pupils to be successful now and equip them to be successful later.
• Are truly international, working in partnerships within and across regions, cultures and languages.
• Aim to be the schools of choice for children, pupils and their families, wherever we are.
Nibras International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All shortlisted candidates and post holders are subject to appropriate International Criminal and Child Protection Background Checks or equivalent, covering the previous 10 years of employment history. Nibras International School recruit teachers in several ways including direct application to the school and through international teacher recruitment agencies and organizations.