Summer School Activities Leaders
East Sussex, United Kingdom
Date Added: May 27, 2022
We are looking for dynamic, motivated and responsible Residential Activities Leaders to join our international summer school team!
Claremont School, part of the International School’s Partnership, is offering an unforgettable learning experience to international students aged 11-17 years at our Senior School located in the heart of the English countryside in Bodiam near the historic town of Battle.
This residential summer course includes:
- 30 hours of English tuition.
- 15 hours of specialist pathway classes (Performing Arts or Sport)
- Daily afternoon and evening activities programme.
- Accommodation located close to amenities, shops, and a mainline railway station to London, which is only 75 minutes away.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided, seven days a week.
- Two full day and two half day excursions per week
As this role is residential, you have free, full-board accommodation. The programme includes sports, creative activities, performing arts, social events plus half day and full day excursions. This role is perfect if you are motivated to provide the best possible experience for young students aged 11 to 17, you are enthusiastic and you have a good sense of humour.
- Applicants with sports coaching qualifications are preferred, especially in football, tennis, rugby, cricket and basketball
- We welcome applicants who are qualified to teach classical, contemporary or modern dance, singing and or drama
- Previous experience of working with children is essential
- The ability to prepare and lead a wide range of activities is essential
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, highly changeable, highly pressured and often challenging environment is essential
- A strong awareness of health and safety, specifically as it relates to preparing and executing sports activities is essential
- Strong and demonstrable organisation skills
- Ability and disposition to solve minor issues and problems with/between students is required.
- First aiders and lifeguards are particularly welcome.
- Experience dealing with international students is preferred.
- Experience of working in a summer school or education context is preferred.
This is a full-time temporary summer position for 5 weeks from Monday 4th July - Sunday 7th August. You will typically work 48 hours over 6 days per week, with at least 1 full day off per week.
As well as a good weekly salary, free accommodation and free meals, your summer with Claremont School will give you:
- Confidence and experience working in an international environment
- Important transferable skills in the job market: decision making, teamwork, customer service, planning and organising events
- Valuable experience working with young people from a variety of backgrounds.