Summer School House Parent
East Sussex, United Kingdom
Date Added: May 27, 2022
We are looking for dynamic, motivated and responsible House Parent to join our international summer school team!
Claremont School, part of the International School’s Partnership, is offering an unforgettable learning experience to international students aged 11-17 years at our Senior School located in the heart of the English countryside in Bodiam near the historic town of Battle.
This residential summer course includes:
- 30 hours of English tuition.
- 15 hours of specialist pathway classes (Performing Arts or Sport)
- Daily afternoon and evening activities programme.
- Accommodation located close to amenities, shops, and a mainline railway station to London, which is only 75 minutes away.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided, seven days a week.
- Two full day and two half day excursions per week
As this role is residential, you have free, full-board accommodation. This role is responsible for the day-to-day running of the Boarding House, ensuring the safety and emotional well-being of students and upholding the high standards of Claremont School. If you are nurturing, caring and committed to providing first-class pastoral care, then this is the role for you.
- Minimum 1-year experience of working with children in a professional context
- The ability to lead a wide range of sports and activities is essential
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, highly changeable, highly pressured and often challenging environment is essential
- A strong awareness of health and safety (specifically as it relates to residential accommodation and to leading sports and activities) is essential
- Strong and demonstrable organisation skills
- Ability and disposition to solve issues and problems with/between students is required
- Applicants with any medical training or professional qualification in childcare, social work, education, counselling or psychotherapy are particularly welcomed
- First aiders are particularly welcomed
- Applicants with sports coaching qualifications (including lifeguard) and/or experience are welcomed, especially in football, tennis, rugby, cricket, hockey and basketball
- Experience of working in a residential context is preferred.
- Experience dealing with international students is preferred.
This is a full-time temporary summer position for 5 weeks from Monday 4th July - Sunday 7th August. You will typically work 48 hours over 6 days per week, with at least 1 full day off per week.
As well as a good weekly salary and free meals, your summer with Claremont School will give you:
- Confidence and experience working in an international environment
- Important transferable skills in the job market: decision making, teamwork, customer service, planning and organising events
- Valuable experience working with young people from a variety of backgrounds.