ISP Content and Communications Manager – Role Profile
Purpose of Role
We are looking for a Content and Communications Manager to join our Marketing and Communications team in Spain. Reporting directly to the Marketing and Communications Director, you will lead and advise on all content, communications, and Public Relations functions, to ensure communication strategies, protocols, and procedures maximize retention of students, drive enrolment growth, build a credible positive public image, and strengthen the brand across all ISP schools in Spain.
The Content and Communications Manager will simultaneously assist in developing content in line with digital strategies, Inbound campaigns, lead generation and nurturing, brand awareness, and ultimately helping ISP schools to become the first choice in their local markets (“Schools of Choice”).
Key Responsibility 1: Copywriting for corporate communications and oversight of schools’ content across off- and online channel
- Oversee the creation of copy and written content for the group as well as provide support across schools where required.
- Provide copy writing for corporate communications as and when needed
- Provide copy writing and creative inputs for the group social media pages
- Assist to reply to direct messages sent to the group pages on Facebook and Instagram, that are aligned with company objectives, policies, school narratives, promises, always using the correct tonality in a prompt and timely manner
- Monitor social media activity/commentaries and respond and/or advise schools on responses to enquiries.
- Check that all schools’ websites are updated and liaise with the schools directly to remind/support them where necessary
- Proofread and check materials, assets, and creatives before they are sent out to external/internal parties, before they go live and/or go to print
- Proofread and review all schools’ content calendars including artwork on a regular basis to ensure ads and posts are set up and are live in a timely manner
Key Responsibility 2: Successful delivery of engaging and dynamic communication strategies and content.
- Help schools to develop/strengthen their mission statements, narratives, and school stories and promises by creating relevant content.
- Ensure the group’s key differentiator USP of “Innovative Learning. International Mindset” comes across at the heart of all communications at group and school level, and supporting all marketing strategies.
- Timely delivery of all on and offline content to boost brand awareness and support lead generation activities.
- Maintenance and monitoring of school and group websites and social media accounts.
- Manage and implement effective communications campaigns across schools by communicating evidence, culture/values and community support/involvement to continually build credibility and trust in the local community and education industry.
- Enhance and protect the ISP brand in accordance with the group’s Vision, Purpose and Principles as well as business strategy.
- Oversight of all Admissions collateral to support the parent experience.
Key Responsibility 3: Demonstrate successful internal communications, training, and guidance across our schools to increase standards and retention.
- Foster a culture of successful communications through creating procedures, guidelines and protocols which will protect ISP from any defamation.
- Establish distinct communications standards in order to lead on the creation of marketing/comms materials in collaboration with Marketing and School Admissions.
- Guide and support schools in relation to the content on their websites and social media ensuring current and engaging information for prospective and current families.
- Guidance on the design and distribution of all internal school communications (newsletters, bulletins, etc)
- Lead on social media techniques and strategies to engage wider digital audiences
- Assist in delivery of internal communication campaigns to support schools with retention strategies.
- Contribute to the development of staff with training and coaching on effective and best communications practise.
Key Responsibility 4: Build and maintain a positive public image of ISP by creating press releases that shape public opinion and reception.
- Planning publicity strategies and campaigns
- Writing press releases, other media communications and coordinating releases with a PR agency as needed
- Dealing with enquiries from press or related organizations
- Planning or directing the development of programs to maintain favorable public and stockholder views of the organization's agenda and accomplishments.
- Support schools to attract families through interesting community events which focus on both children, parents and families and highlight community values with relevant, trending topics that consider the whole child.
- Help with sourcing speakers, or programs which are relevant, helpful, and aligned to the school community and ethos.
- Help establish PR Agency and act as the lead contact for any third-party PR support
- Managing the PR aspect of a potential (reputational) crisis
- Analysing focused ISP media coverage as well as industry for trends and insights
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
1) Minimum Educational Qualifications Required for the Role
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher Diploma in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or Business-related discipline
2) Minimum Years of Experience Required
- 5-10 years’ experience in similar capacity, preferably but not necessarily in Education segment
3) Language Skills
- Native or fluent English and Spanish are a must, both written and spoken
4) Functional Capabilities
- Advanced writing, editing skills, proofreading skills
- Confident communicator and ability to present ideas with clarity and vision
- Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- Knowledge and skill on how to create content across different channels
- Experience in PR and Advertising across different media and channels
- Conceptualize TV or radio spots
- Create and engage in social media, including blogging, micro-blogging and video sharing
- High degree of computer literacy (particularly Microsoft Office and Illustrator)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
5) Leadership Capabilities
- Excellent leadership skills with internal staff and external stakeholders
- Excellent negotiation skills with the media and Agencies
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Excellent communication skills, collaboration, stakeholder management, ability to work simultaneously on several tasks and projects, analytical skills, results-oriented / objective-driven.
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.